Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

First, the bad news. I ate everything I could run down and catch yesterday. Haven't had a day like that in a while and didn't see it coming. Next Monday, exercise classes at lunch begin again and I'm committed to restarting those. I've been exercising every morning, but I will add some fun variety including more yoga classes.

In more productive news, I've got internet access now at The Closet! I've configured it so that I will even have access when I ride the bus to work. I'm using the new WiMax option that just rolled out to DFW.

I'm also sporting a new haircut. I'll post pictures on Monday, as I made the stylist take my photo as I suck at taking self-portraits. I know it looks better than it did, but I do not know why stylist want to give me sleek, Kay Bailey hair. I am not a sleek, Kay Bailey kind of woman. I guess it's when you get to be a certain age. I think it looks good on me, but if I can't do it myself, than it really doesn't help much. Oh well. I liked the guy and the salon was very welcoming and comfortable. So I'll go back. I cannot let myself go like that anymore. I cannot remember the last haircut I had. Oh, and the good news is that he said my hair was in fine shape and that I could color it again. And I think I will. I had this vision of me resembling my grandmother. Not the internal vision one wants to carry around. Grandma wore her long, uncut hair in that "strange religion" way and the older I get, the more I look like her. Our faces appear to be falling in the same way. Oh well. Cannot worry about what I cannot change.

I also got my legal stuff all squared away and completed. That's a load off, for sure. I also did a little bit of buying of stuff for The Closet and I already don't like half of it. I'll return and retry today.

I'm going to brew myself a cup of coffee, head off to the gym, then to a CODA meeting, followed by a trip to the Home Depot to get the stuff to hang up stuff. I cannot wait for Pebbles to make a reappearance. They make special things for hanging up stuff in drywall, right? I'll check out the internets for some instruction.

Oh, and based upon Bick's recommendation, I watched some of the PBS show, This Emotional Life via my new WiMax. Interesting stuff on the search for happiness. I recommend it.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Every day is a new start.

Roxie

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing because I know exactly what that "strange religion" hair looks like...I'm sure your new haircut is cute and not Kay Bailey at all - can't wait to see the picture!

    Woohoo for internet access - I don't think I would last long without it. WiMax sounds interesting - so you have the internet whereever you are in Dallas? Very cool.

    For hanging pictures on drywall (we're talking sheetrock, right?) I use these little brass hangers that have a straight, but slanted piece with a round disc about 3/4 the way up - that's what stops the hanger from going all the way into the wall. I get them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the new 'do. I don't like getting a haircut myself either. I've had some bad experiences (one salon gave me Dolly Parton hair, lol) and it's just such a bother. Right now I'm growing my hair out to donate to Locks of Love. Well, that's the plan, we'll see how long I can take it, lol.

    Stay warm, chica, and have fun decorating. You just amaze me with your dedication to working out. I need a cup of that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never, never , never.....did i say never? Oh yeah....NEVER leave the salon happy. Most of the time i just get the cut and fix it myself at home. Some of the ways they fix it i KNOW i have to have this 'Are you kidding me?" look on my face. They honestly cannot think i look good with my hair fixed that way. Looking forward to a pic of your new hair. I need to consider more highlights in my hair before our trip to CA next month. Its been almost a month and a half since i've had them.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mum-in-law did oil paintings - usually still life or scenery. We've been blessed with gobs of gorgeous paintings and I hang them all with one or two (based on weight & width) using these little "J" hook dealies. They'll hold 50 lbs and make only one teensy hole in the drywall. Ook makes some. There's a pi here:

    http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-452-picture-hangers/ook-valu-box-hooks-639106.aspx

    You can get a kit of assorted sizes at any home improvement store. Nail & screw aisle usually.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.