Friday, January 1, 2010

Going on Walkabout

I just realized that for the first time in years, I do not live on a gravel road. As a matter of fact, I've only NOT lived on a gravel road for about seven of my 49 years. So this begins the chronicle of my year in the city. My theme for the year will be to be present for each day. This year I will concentrate on my own "Urban Renewal" project - on all fronts.

I know there will be challenges and there will be days that I feel like I'm failing, but I will also try to remember that I am enough. I am fine, right now, today and I will continue to be so.

I've set some of my intentions for year on the left side-bar. I also braved the scale this morning. Actually, it was a bit better than I'd expected. I've not been vigilant since the luncheon on December 12.

Life at The Closet is LOUD. Since it's got so much concrete every sound is amplified. My bed is on an outside wall and I can hear everyone walking by. And last night, there were a lot of people walking by! It may be time for a sound machine! I did start the new year off with some treadmill time at the very empty fitness room. My plans for the rest of the day include some more straightening up of The Closet, as I came home rather like a hurricane yesterday.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Set an intention.

-Roxie
155


Completely off topic but totally bizarre: I got an exotic Snuggie and a BBgun from my Mom for Christmas. Whisky Tango Foxtrot!

8 comments:

  1. Is it the leopard print snuggie? That's the one I have and it rocks!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! It took me a minute to figure out what Whiskey Tango Foxtrot meant! Now I'm cracking up. A Snuggie and a BB gun?? That's hysterical.

    Happy New Year. Tnis is going to be a fun and happy year for you. Life in the city. Really sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bb gun? Careful!
    You could put 'cher eye out!
    ...as they say...

    Sweet concrete dreams, dear Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Roxie - absolutely LOVE your intentions.

    New adventures all around...2010 is going to be a good year for you. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and thank you for being here for me.

    A Snuggie and a BB Gun? Now there is a picture in my head!

    Love your list of intentions - 2010 is going to be a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know, you can ride a bike now!! I'm just sayin'...

    By exotic, do you mean cammo? If it was cammo, you could hunt in it. Again, I'm just sayin'...

    Love your "intentions". It's going to be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your urban renewal projects...and being present sounds so focused. Good theme, good goals for 2010. $10K in 2010? Dang!

    Kinda awesome that your mom gave you a BB gun. Life in the big city - I guess she thinks you need to be able to defend yourself?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.