Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hello, It's Me

Snapped this picture of my new doormat this morning. And then heard Todd Rundgren on the way to work this morning. I'm sensing a theme.

Pebbles came by this a.m. and brought me her baker's rack and the chest of drawers that matches her/my bedroom suit. It's the first time I've seen her since getting back from PR.

I'm having a sad day today. For reasons that I can't really explain. Well, actually I can. Pebbles said something to me about putting myself in limbo with Bick and it made me incredibly sad. I guess that is to be expected.

Got another good night's sleep last night and hit the workout facility this morning. Got in some mileage. One foot in front of the other. Remember, it's not so much the speed as it is the direction.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Sadness is a part of life.

-Roxie
153.5

8 comments:

  1. Sadness... it just is, isn't it? I wish it for NOBODY, especially you at this time. Hang in there little buckaroo..!

    Loving your little pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you're sad today, but your last comment is so true - it is a part of life, and inevitable when big, important things are changing.
    Sending you a big hug, and a virtual shoulder to cry on if you feel the need...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saddness really is part of life. Sad, but ture...lol.

    Which direction you're going really is the most important thing.

    Feel better and know that I will be thinking about you. I need to get an email sent with all my "Ask Roxie" questions. Soon...

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering - has Bick gone to rehab like he said he would? Sorry you're having a sad day...I like your new doormat - it's very welcoming and friendly.

    P.S. I'm realizing that my question really belongs in yesterday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This entire holiday season was sad.
    But the limbo comment, I'm not quite sure what that means. Does that mean you are supposed to accept the addiction if you don't really want to so that you are not in limbo or are you supposed to completely kick him to the curb so you can go out with a net and grab up the next available guy? Ask Pebbles what she meant or disregard it.
    I have sad days too. And sad holidays and dammit.
    Feel better soon.
    Go read my post. You'll feel better. It's not sad. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, here I am finally posting at almost 10pm. I hope you are feeling better now and not so sad. Maybe when you got home and saw that cute welcome mat, you felt no sadness at all.

    Take care, Roxie. The sun will come out, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, sorry that today is a downer.
    sometimes I wish relationships didn't linger in limbo. Sometimes there is no sharp delineation, just a kind of slow dissolve.
    Hope you are feeling better by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Random bouts of sadness can just be a part of the grieving process. Don't let them get too low - keep striving to get back above board.

    The detachment with compassion bit is, I think, the hardest concept/skill to learn. You clearly have the compassion part - and that's a good thing. Progress, right?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.