Friday, January 15, 2010

It's Complicated

Saw the movie last night at GNO and loved it. It was the perfect movie for people of a certain age. I don't know how it will play to the younger audience, but I for one, welcomed Alec's "stout" and hairy body, Meryl's laugh lines, plus lots of other "more-real" touches than one normally sees from Hollywood.

GNO was fun. The Closet has made her debut as a noshing destination. The girls brought too much stuff, plus I overdid it on preparing the tidbits, so I've invited my mom and sister over for dinner tonight - speaking of complicated relationships!

Nice workout today. I plan to go to either a pilates or a spin class today at lunch. I cannot decide.

Tentative weekend plans include Bick and SadieLu coming in on Saturday night and us catching a movie and dinner on Saturday and church on Sunday. I've got CODA on Saturday morning, followed by a trip to ransom all my shoes from the cobbler! Yay! Shoes! Then it will be off to the grocery store to load of up veg for the week. I've got a three day weekend, so I may WALK over to the stock show and catch a bit of that. I'll have to look over the schedule of events. I love the smell of a horse barn in the morning. Seriously.

I didn't overindulge last night, so I'm not quite so bloating and crabby today.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Uncomplicate your life.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. Going to have to go check out that movie now. Have a great weekend Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that show too. Not quite as much as i liked Julie and Julia but still good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I'm so in love that you are that close to the Stockyards!! What a fun area!!

    As I said before I delighted in It's Complicated as well, but only wish I hadn't seen it with my sis'nlaw who is KNEE deep in divorce from my brother! UGH and ICK. Dummy me should have known better than to see it with her. She did laugh, but I was very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to see that movie, being 50 something and all. I can relate to preparing too many gnoshes for a gathering - do it every time, only I'm not smart enough to invite others over to help diminish the supply! Enjoy the 3 day w/e - I have one too and am tickled pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see that movie as well. Sounds like a full weekend, have a great time.

    WOO HOO for 3 day weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see that movie - it's nice to have some average-aged people star in a love story for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Smell horse barns in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! Hope dinner tonight goes well, much better than trying to eat all the leftovers by yourself!
    Enjoy your long weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen that movie, but I did see bridges of madison county and the same realistic look...saggy baggy characters made it that much more real for me...I love it when the people aren't perfect.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.