Sunday, January 31, 2010

January: The Recap

I walked/jogged/ellipticalled my way through 85.2 miles during the month of January. I exercised in a formal way on 27 of the 31 days. There were several days that I did two-a-days, including today. This is the one intention that I am rocking hard. I have not counted any ancillary walking through the neighborhood/bus/store.

I had 5 no car days during the month and I'm fine with that. As the weather cooperates, I'll have more. I can still make goal.

I had 2 no spend days. I may have had more, but forgot to count them. No spend days means that I didn't spend any money on anything except food to cook for that day, since I'm operating more on a daily shopping basis. By default it means that I brought my breakfast/lunch/bev to work with me. More work is needed here, obviously. I did an awful lot of shopping getting The Closet mostly set up. I'm done with that now, so there will be no need for recreational shopping.

I got in 8 yoga sessions this month - not great, but okay. I just need to pump that up a notch - but will fail to add a session tomorrow as I've been pressed into service during the lunch hour to represent the office at a high, high level working lunch. Good thing I checked my office email today - I can make sure I wear my "Working Girl" suit.

I am not doing well with meditation. I certainly enjoyed the guided session I attended today. I just need to remember that there are guided sessions available on youtube. My meditations don't have to be hours on end - just a few minutes to get centered if that's all I can do.

I'm failing at the financial goals. Yet to be reimbursed business expenses coupled with vacation/wedding/moving expenses didn't allow for goal this month, but there always next month.

Weight, while not on my intention/goal list, is staying in range.

So that's it for January, TwentyTen.

Pebbles' dog seized this afternoon, so they didn't come over. I hated that for him/them and for me. I was really looking forward to this, was feeling a little fragile and didn't have a back-up plan. I ended up catching up on the parts of This Emotional Life that I'd missed earlier in the month - plus I went back to the gym this evening. Turned out just fine.

I'm getting ready to roast some veg for the week, get my gym clothes packed to take to work and put a little spit polish on The Closet.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Evaluate your progress.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. too bad they don't have ellipticals with wheels....
    Can you imagine how far we'd get. I do five miles every time I get on Arnold.
    That's three or four times a week.
    Or, they could hook electric companies up to gyms and generate power that way.
    lol.
    Hey, I just figured out a solution to our energy and obesity issues.
    It will get america lean and mean, and wean us off our dependence on foreign oil.
    Chris for prez.
    Great job on exercise this week.
    Your doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty successful month to me - maybe not perfect on everything, but you have to leave yourself something to work towards, don't you?
    Sorry to hear about Pebble's dog seizing, especially as it hit when you were feeling fragile - but very impressed that you went to the gym instead of the fridge to deal with your unexpected time on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that as a good, solid month. None of us are perfect right? But, it looks to me like you got it right most of the time and that's really what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great month Roxie. No issues for exercising for you! Way to go.
    I have a bunch of meditation sessions on my MP3 player - some are guides some are just music (sort of). I find them very helpful if I really need some down time.
    Sorry to hear about the dog....that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellipticals are hardcore.

    --Terrace Crawford
    www.terracecrawford.com
    www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.