Friday, January 29, 2010

Slumber Party!

Miss Sadie Lu is coming over this afternoon to spend the night with me while Bick and a high-school buddy go to East Texas fishing tomorrow. The plan was to take her, but they couldn't get a cabin at the lake and are stuck staying in a hotel in town. I offered to keep her - unfortunately, the weather here is supposed to be coldish, so I don't know that we will venture out much other than for the necessary.

I'll have Bick pick her up on his way back through town on Saturday, as I have plans for Sunday. I will attend church/meditation on Sunday morning, then meet Pebbles and Slater for brunchy or maybe I'll make them brunch. Then we are going off to a cancer-research fundraiser sponsored by a local brewery where Pebbles' friend works. I don't so much like beers, but I'm all for social gatherings.

Had a good workout this morning. Am planning on taking in a Pilates class this afternoon. I need to get some grocery shopping in sometime today - there is nary a vegetable in my house. I forgot to mention the time I spent in the garden at Bick's last weekend. It was wonderful - I poked around in the dirt, harvested chard, spinach and a BUNCH of brussels sprouts. Yummy! I do miss not having access to the garden. But upon reflection, it does take away the need to keep getting fake nails. I'm no longer digging around in the dirt and I can keep my nails looking good au naturale. So this may be my last set of fakeys. Thanks for the thoughtful comments on this particular subject. I've kept the "french manicure" for a while now and while it is easy, it probably is an idea whose time has passed for me.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Authentic is good.

-Roxie
152

4 comments:

  1. Sadie Lu is so cute - I just love a dog who will sleep near you and not ON you (Paco!). You are getting plenty of dog time without having the day-to-day care for them, which is kinda nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie-Lu is like a "grand-dog" - you get to have her once in a while but then get to give her back. I hope you guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To tag onto Helen's comment, Sadie Lu won't eat your furniture, either!

    Gardening is a great pastime, and so satisfying. Regarding the nails, one word: gloves. But I always think I'll bend over and pull one or 2 weeds, and next thing you know, it's an hour later and my nails are in shreds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! I am having a 4 legged sleep over too. My 2 Gsons...lol.

    Have fun what ever you end up doing. I hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.