Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Picture This

Thanks to Low Fat Dressing (LOVE THE TITLE), I've become a bit more interested in jazzing up my fashion statement these days. I can usually be found wearing Hillary Rodham Clinton's less expensive pantsuits during the fall/winter and your crazy Aunt Moonbeam's hippy-dippy long skirts in the spring/summer. Both ends of the fashion spectrum and where I truly fall is somewhere in the middle. I like classics with a sporty edge. I like crisp white shirts with popped collars and some graphic color. I love pashminas. I like a good fitting pair of jeans with some killer heels. I love big chunky jewelry, but have very little of it, other than a couple of cuff bracelets.

All of this to say that I'm not about to turn into a clothes horse (even though I did just hit the clearance rack at Marshall's a few days ago). I don't have the space or the inclination to do that. However, I can add a couple of versatile pieces and most importantly, find a style and stick to it! Accessorize, Roxie!

You will just have to imagine what I'm wearing today, as I cannot figure out how to take a self-portrait. Actually, I think it may involve learning how to off the flash or perhaps buying a tripod and finding the timer. But here goes - I'm wearing an almost ankle-length black AK skirt, a handme down from Pebbles. It's five years old, as it was part of the AK ensemble I bought her when she started her first job. It's been worn a mere handful of times by either of us. I went and bought tights yesterday, as I have no taller black boots. So I'm wearing this skirt (with a deep slit up the front) with black tights and ankle boots (gift from Mom about 4 years ago). I've got it topped with a white button down shirt with French cuffs(Princeton NJ thrift shop). I'm wearing my purple pashmina kinda over the shoulder (think Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, and I don't remember when/where I got the pashmina) and at a weird angle, all belted with a Brighton belt that is also a million years old. So there you have it. I've gotten a couple of compliments on the ensemble, including one from a former Freddie's-of-Movietown buyer. I don't really know what to make of THAT! So that's today's fashion show. I've got a body built for radio, for sure.

Shortened workout this morning. Spin class on tap at lunch. Tonight is another Closet residents' function, but I think I'll nix that in favor of watching the Dr. Oz show with all the folks on it. Hi Lori!. There's just no way to make both things work. I probably need inspiration more than I need a cheeseburger!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Add Flair.

-Roxie

7 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous - I can tell! Lots of people do those self portraits in a mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been getting a lot of ideas from LowFat Dressing, too. Haven't bought tights yet, but I want to. Your outfit sounds great - and I LOVE that you belted over the pashmina! I'd love to see a picture - would it be weird to get a neighbor to take one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving the LowFat Dressing. I have been looking at a few other fashion blogs too.

    I wish I was younger. I don't feel almost 50, and don't want to dress my age. I do however know how stupid I would look trying to dress like a 20 something.

    Get that tripod. I would love to see you in all your splendor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant' you get someone in the closet to take a shot? It's okay though. We use our imagination just fine.

    Add flair...hahaha love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great outfit. Except I don't know what a pashmina is. Or what color your belt is. I'm sure it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The visual I got looks good. I'll have to go check out that lowfatdrssing website - never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! New clothes and new style. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.