Monday, February 8, 2010

Strength Training

I did go to the gym this morning and did 3.5 miles on the treadmill and followed it up with some upper body strength training. There is a pretty nice selection of strength machines as well as free weights at The Closet's workout facility. It's probably time to avail myself of the opportunity to use them.

My motivation to get really intense with my exercise has been non-existant lately. So perhaps a little lifting is just what I need. It's probably time to spring for the NRFWRLLOLLMAO (or whatever the hell y'all call it). And until my intensity motivation returns, I'll just have to settle for the whole consistency motivation.

My weekend was just wonderful. Meg managed to make it out of New Jersey ahead of the Snowcalypse and then managed to make it back home again. In the meantime, there was plenty of talking, walking and eating! We made a pact to try to get together at least once a year for more of the same. I'm fortunate to have such a great friend and while we don't talk regularly, we always manage to pick up where we left off.

I'm trying to decide whether to go to BODYPUMP or Pilates at lunch. I'm leaning towards BODYPUMP.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Pump it up a notch.

-Roxie

10 comments:

  1. The NROLWLMAO - although you won't be LMAO after doing the barbell squats LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend! I'd love to try Body Pump (it might actually persuade me to lift the odd weight FINALLY) but the one downside of living in rural-ish Wales (apart from the weather) is that it takes an extra decade for the latest fitness classes to make it over from England. I might be on a zimmer frame before that becomes an option round here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the whole NROL4W program last year. It's good but I'm not good at sticking with weight training so of course once through and I was done. It is a good program though and managed to keep me, the weights hater, for 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your NRFWRLLOLLMAO - that was hillarious. I'm doing it now and am only on week two, and I like it. But I like weight lifting.
    The Body Pump class - is that through a gym? The gym I just joined has a class by the same name and I'm wondering if it is the same thing? I'd like to give it a try but not sure if doing the NRoL4WLMAO and the Body Pump is going to be too much. Don't know enough about it yet.
    Glad you had a nice weekend with your girlfriend - it is what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done Power Pump since last year. ROFLMAOLOL

    Trying to get in the strength training groove is good for ya. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Meg sounds like my Barbara - we sometimes go a couple of months without talking, but we pick back up right where we left off, too. And we try to visit each other once a year as well. Glad your visit was so good!

    I have that book but haven't really read it since Brad is working me so hard. Want to borrow it? Email me your address and I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a little "girl time." SOOO needed, I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you decide to get intense with your strength training, here's are free strength training workouts with resistance bands. If you can't catch a live workout, all shows are recorded for viewing when ever you like. There are no memberships or anything to sign up for. Just pick a video and start watching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowpocalypse wasn't so bad, though I hear there is more headed our way.

    I got a giggle out of NROLWALwhatever. I can never get it right either. I do the 5 Factor workout, which is much easier to pronounce and also you don't have to lift quite as heavy (I know, I know: heresy).

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.