Monday, March 8, 2010

The Dude Abides

Really nice day yesterday. I slept late and then fixed the kiddos a nice brunch. We ate and headed out to hit a couple of museums. I am very fortunate to live practically in the backyard of some of the finest museums. Pebbles and Slater headed back to Big D and I headed up to Bick's for dinner in the evening. He fixed a nice dinner and we watched a bit of the Oscar ceremony.

We had a good dinner and a good conversation. I expressed to him my health concerns and I will let it go at that. I remain hopeful, but detached.

I slept late again this morning - no a.m. workout. I decided I will try to go this evening for my lifting. I don't normally like evening workouts, but I seem to be needing sleep and I'll try this for a while to see how it works.

Oh, and I bought myself a bouquet of flowers because I love the thistley things.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Do the next right thing.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're being kind to yourself and giving your body what it needs! Continue to care for yourself in this way. It's very empowering. Thanks again for your motivational posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers! Glad you had a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to buy myself flowers all the time. It's something nice to do for yourself.

    Glad things went well with Bick. Now you're right, you have to let it go.

    Any word from the family front??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty flowers! Sounds like a nice few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty! I love Gerber daisies and unusual filler. Glad you had a good day; glad the Dude won last night...such a Dude speech, I was cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely, peaceful day Roxie. I buy myself flowers all the time because I love them... why wait?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a good day. Also, sounds like things with Bick are going very maturely. You are handling it well. I know you might not think so, but it seems to me that because you are able to write about it in such a fashion, that means that somewhere inside you is the sensible mature person sending this out.

    You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by. Always glad when you visit. Your flowers are lovely. Glad that you are taking good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are gorgeous flowers. It sounds like a lovely day. That's one of the good parts of blogging-- you remember that stuff.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.