Saturday, March 20, 2010

Housekeeping

Today is cold, rainy and very, very unspringlike. I did not want to get out in it to go to meeting, but I did. The rest of the day is a housekeeping day. Not that there is a lot to do, but it's probably time to rearrange my closet within The Closet. I've got some laundry to do, then I'm going to hit the gym. I was lucky enough to get a last minute appointment to get my hair colored this afternoon. My "crack" was showing. I've also got to get some paperwork together for my appointment with the cpa next week. Not fun adult-type stuff.

In other really good news, the rift seems to be healing over the family smackdown of last weekend. The cousin who never apologizes actually called my sister and apologized. Will wonders ever cease? Just goes to show that even if I HAD stepped in, I couldn't have created the best situation. So whew! If what my sister told me was truth (I sometimes doubt her, but that's another show), then she expressed herself and her boundaries very well. She's still hurt, but willing to look at the situation from a different perspective.

I've had to put in comment moderation - if commenting after one day, and may have to do so for all comments. Spammers are getting a bit more inventive - if it's not on topic, then it's spam. Am I the only one this is happening to? Oh, well.

I've got clothes to fold, which is the bane of my existence. I'd rather scrub toilets! Isn't that weird?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Clean house.

-Roxie
149.5

8 comments:

  1. I gotta say as a girl in he twenties, my favorite line was "not fun adult-type stuff" It's just great to know that, at all ages, we all still want to have fun:) i want to have friends throughout my life who will say "ooooh, bummer" when I say I have to meet with the cpa rather than friends that will say "oh good, good!"
    haha nothin like a little commiseration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind folding clothes - that's usually when I catch up on my DVR'd tv shows. I guess you could watch something on Hulu.

    Those darn spammers - they were hitting a lot of my older posts and that's why I had to add the word verification, etc.

    Stay warm today - we certainly are getting a last blast of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to put off folding clothes till I have very little in my wardrobe / drawers - but that's mainly because I forget to take things out of the dryer!!!
    I'm glad to hear that things are improving on the family front, even if you try to steer clear I don't think things like that can possibly not bother you when people you care about are involved.
    I'm now going to not clean toilets, because that's actually my LEAST favourite job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny we all have chores we just hate. My most hated and avoided is emptying the dishwasher and putting away the dishes. I'd rather drive juggle hot coals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're supposed to fold clothes?? I just stuff them in a drawer or hang them up LOL!

    I am seeing a lot of spam on my blog. Switching over to wordpress will help as they have a spam catcher which works amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I sit, folding clothes. Although it is not my favorite thing ("no housework" is my favorite thing) as chores go, it is not the worst.

    I usually watch TV while I do it. Although recently I've taken to standing at the dryer, thinking that uses more calories than sitting in front of the TV.

    "My crack is showing" made me laugh...I'd never heard it called that before.

    Glad your family drama is calming down. You seem to be following your instincts more, which results in a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I folded six loads of laundry while watching old Days of our lives clips on youtube...
    It's my one opportunity to veg out.
    I had to do my roots the other day too...lol. My grey was showing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind folding clothes - hate ironing though. Mr. Sandra bought me an ironing board when we first moved in together. I'm not sure why, he's used it, I take his stuff the the dry cleaners and let them iron :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.