Thursday, March 18, 2010

Move Along. Nothing to See Here.

I've got nothing much to say this morning and that's a good thing. Work is kicking my butt, but in that good way. I'm getting a lot done and feeling good about the work I'm doing. Had a good workout last night and enjoyed the spectacle. My gym is on the 3rd floor and gives a beautiful view of the hottest bar in town with this amazing outdoor balcony/deck/levels. It really is a great facility. Anyways, from my viewpoint on the elliptical, I could see all sorts of people sporting all sorts of Saint Patrick's Day fashions heading that way. It was a fun and funky fashion parade.

And speaking of the wearing of the green, be careful when you take a big ass spinach salad to work for your lunch. That's all I'm saying.

I've got nothing much else. Got a meeting tonight and one on Saturday. Nothing else on the activity calendar. I need to get busy and remedy that. I need to have some plans in place. I may choose not to execute them, but they need to be there.

Speaking of plans, I let the family drama take the spotlight, but I had a wonderful weekend last weekend. Went to an etsy-styled sale which was fabulous. I didn't buy anything, but it sure makes me want to sew something! And then I had dinner with a couple of longtime friends. It was spectacular to catch up. On Sunday, Bick called to tell me he had harvested the winter garden and had brussels sprouts for me and dinner. So I had dinner with him on Sunday evening. I fixed some of the brussels sprouts last night. Roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yummy.

Good things I did yesterday:

1. Drank some water.
2. Took my vitamins
3. Brushed my teeth 3 times. (See above note on spinach salad).

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Enjoy it while it lasts.

-Roxie
150

6 comments:

  1. I want your garden fresh Brussels Sprouts! They are soooo expensive here right now - $2.99 for a tiny 10 oz. tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roasted brussel sprouts sound great - I've done that with asparagus and balsamic vinegar but never thought to do it with the sprouts. YUM!

    Loling on the spinach/teeth brushing - I made a whole wheat pasta dish with spinach and had that same issue. It was good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you may not be overly busy, you are certainly filling your days with healthy and vitality. As always, you are empowering yourself and others! Spinach is so good for you, it's worth brushing your teeth 3 times! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try the balsamic vinegar with the brussels...usually I just roast them with EVOO. The vinegar would add a nice twang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to cut and paste your post to my blog today and switch Bick's name to "my cat."
    I have nothing to write about except a 5 ingredient crockpot recipe book that after borrowing from the library, is profound in it's simplicity and trailertrashiness.
    I'm coming back here later to check on your list of intentions.
    That is one of my intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making yourself be busy every day may be an good idea for killing time. Take care! In northern Europe, the weather is so bad...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.