Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunny Day


Yesterday was a gorgeous day. I enjoyed my bus ride, even taking the longer walk home just to be outside a bit longer to enjoy the mid-70s temps and sunshine. Sunshine is definitely good for what ails ya.

Yoga yesterday was awesome. These sessions of classes have a new yoga instructor and she's pretty tough. Yesterday's class was pretty intense, but was ultimately so relaxing. There's nothing like a good yoga session to help me feel good in the skin that I'm in.

Spent some time in the kitchen last night and did some real cooking. I've mostly been doing "assemblying" and not much creating of anything with more than just a couple of ingredients. Last night I prepared some okra and tomatoes and enjoyed the whole prep experience. Chopping can be therapeutic. I followed it up with some recovery reading/literature/journaling.

Today I've got a spin class and I plan to follow up with some lifting this evening. I've decided to take a break from the scale for a while, but I am wearing a pair of slacks that in order to wear, things have to be dead on. So there is that.

I've got a shopping day planned with a friend on Saturday. There's an etsy-styled craft show going on close to home, along with an antique show. She's asked me to be the brakes for her shopping bobsled team and I'm happy to oblige. I'm enjoying the company of the girls.

As for Bick, I'm aware of the odds, but remain hopeful. I'm grateful that he's making his first step. I want him to be at peace. I wished him well. This is something he must do on his own.

I've got a long holiday weekend coming up and am thinking of taking a getaway. My pattern would be to stick close to home. My patterns have pretty much failed me in the past. So, I'll be thinking about what and where sounds interesting. Plans, Trains or Automobiles?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Wish them the best.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. Come hike Camelback Mountain with me and then we'll go to Trader Joe's.

    Where ever you end up I think it will good for you to get away.

    You're right about Bick. He has to want it. It's hard not to get your hopes up. I'm sure you have some kind of expectations. I would. Such is the nature of being human.

    Thinking good thoughts for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my "things have to be dead on" pants hanging so that as soon as I open my closet door I see them. That's what I really want, no matter what the scale says.

    I say don't do the same old thing - take a chance and fly away. Travelocity always has last minute deals that are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find a buddy & go someplace you haven't been. Bust out of that comfy little rut. What about a quickie to Bermuda?

    Know that Bick has my sincerest best wishes. He's in for a helluva ride, but getting to the destination is worth every white knuckle along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its good to read you feeling more positive today! I'd definitely go away over your holiday weekend - somewhere you've never been before, with no patterns or associations - if I were you!
    Fingers crossed for Bick and you, I really hope things work out well for you both

    ReplyDelete
  5. honestly, for a soul like yours, I would suggest taking the train somewhere ...it's an uninterrupted time for reading/journaling and (if it's above ground) you can actually get an intimate view of the settings you travel through, without having to focus on driving!
    And you can run into those wonderful, surprising little conversations with strangers on trains..which noisy airplanes where people are crammed together and facing forward aren't conducive to. but..i bet you'll have a great time no matter what you decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Train. It's so therapeutic, there are people to watch, room to wander and nothing to worry about. You sound really good. I hope it keeps going for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a lot of meal assembly, too - very little cooking these days. Hmmm, my boys will be home next week for spring break - I should actually COOK something while they're here. Now you've got me thinking!

    I think a lot of us are taking a scale vacation this month. It's nice to not see the numbers and yet have your perfect pair of pants fit - you are obviously on the right track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take a spa treatment. Have a facial.
    I'm not very good at suggesting get-aways. I'm more of a stay at home person (though I love traveling when others plan it.)

    Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't need a scale if you're wearing pants that cause you to be "dead on!" Congrats on that. Spinning is amazing. Very empowering. So are you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.