Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Here's What I Know....

That was then:

I made an offer. The sellers made a counter offer. I accepted their counter offer and signed - but the kicker is that my agent DIDN'T deliver the signed contract (she was delivering it electronically and didn't hit all the marks). At 9:00am this morning, my time frame to either accept or counter their counter expired, and they didn't have a delivered contract, they were watching the clock in order to accept the next offer that was waiting in the wings.

And that's where the all cash buyer, paying full price, with quick closing and no inspection comes in.

This is now:

My "agent" offered to pay me money at closing if I wanted to bump up my offer to over the cash buyers offer as an attempt to make amends for her mistake. So I agreed to do that. My mortgage amount would remain the same. I have no thought in the world that the seller will accept my offer and I'm not getting into a bidding war.

I will be firing my agent this afternoon as soon as this deal falls through.

And as an added bonus, for those playing along at home. There is some sonofabitch in Alabama who has a name somewhat similar to mine who hasn't paid his Bally's membership and it's gone to collections and is showing up on MY credit report. And I thought all I had to worry about was the EXbubba's slackery ways.

13 comments:

  1. DAMN IT!

    I don't know what else to say....

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened to wonder over here from another blog and thought I would check things out. Like what I see so now I'm following you. Look forward to reading your blog in the future.

    If you get a chance swing by my blog and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this was written in a novel, it would be dubbed "too farfetched" to be plausible. It will unfold as it's supposed to. Easy for me to say, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, that's exactly the sentiment I'm following. If it's supposed to work, it will.

    Like with many things, I will be disappointed, but I will live. I will have learned some things through the process and I will be better prepared next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sickening. Your agent should not only be fired, but disbarred (or whatever they do to real estate agents) - there is no way this should have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pissed! Mistakes happen and all that, but I'm still peeved for you.

    But I also believe that this type of thing happens for a good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry Roxie. You KNOW I believe that if this should happen, it will. At the same time I'd like to slap your real estate agent on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that realtor sucks. I hope she/he reads your blog.

    I agree with your comment. "If it's supposed to work..." etc.

    Disappointment is an interesting idea to get used to every once in awhile.

    Sorry this is happening funky. Perhaps a new door will open?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why for some of us can it not ever be a smooth ride to getting what we want?
    Or is it that what we want isn't the best thing for us and we don't find out till later why?

    I hope the Best Thing happens for you.

    and gees ... the credit report thing is insane. Your name may be similar but all the other info wouldn't be ... your gender for instance???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Want me to come claw something? Apparently I have the ability to do that today.

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Motha F'er! (sorry, but that is literally what came out of my mouth when I read this)

    Hang in there... You KNOW (better than most of us) what is meant to be will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn it! I am happy to hear you will be firing her and I'm with Shelley. Something should be done to put a mark against her and her license.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Git a rope...I can't freakin' believe it. You go through all the steps and the damn agent screws up. Well, I, too, believe in the "if it's meant to be, blah, blah, blah" so I hope if it's right for you - the keys are yours.

    As for the free-loading credit monger - still - git a rope ;)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.