Saturday, April 10, 2010

Master of My Domain

I'm enjoying my weekend coffee and I am about ready to hit the gym this morning. I'll get cleaned up, go to a meeting then it's off to Dallas for some fun. We are going to three places/events here, here and here. I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday was a bit of an anxiety-producer for me. I've been working with Meg who is a certified financial planner, life coach, long time friend and all around stellar human being and yesterday was the day that we were to go over my plan. I think this is the event that trigger the "stay at home and must get organized bug" that I had the day before. I didn't realize it at the time, but late Thursday evening after I'd done everything under the sun that I could do to put OFF looking at the printed reported, I sat down and opened up the UPS packaging. Attached to the front of the plan was a note from Meg - telling me that I didn't need to try to get through it on my own, that we would go over it together on the phone the next day. HUGE HEAVING SIGH OF RELIEF! I didn't put two and two together until Friday morning. And I had to just laugh at my own silliness.

Meg called and we went through the report page by page and with Meg's thoughtful and insightful explanations at it wasn't at all daunting. What this really means is that I am now aware and responsible - no hiding from things. I am looking directly into the future while taking a real look at my situation and am accepting the responsibility of being the master of my own fate. This is it. If it is meant to be, it is up to me.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Own your future.

-Roxie
148

3 comments:

  1. I really hate it when it's all up to me....lol. It's always up to me...duh!

    Control what you can. Know what you can control. Accept it. Sound familiar? I needed to type that for myself this morning.

    love ya and have an awesome day. Use sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a smart lady. I hate financial stuff. Yet I know I need to face up and sit down with my husband and go over all our finances. The very thought practically gives me a rash. You inspire me. I will make a financial planning date with him. He's been begging me for months to do it, but I'm a head in the sand girl. Time to buck up.

    Dallas sounds awesome! To think I was there for two whole weeks last year and never saw anything except the inside of the airport and my hotel. So sad. I must visit again some day.

    Have an awesome time! Also, I'm making that beet dip stuff today. Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge is power. In everything. Weight, finances, life. Good for you for taking the initiative to find out what you need to know and then dealing with it.

    I've never been to Texas. Not sure why, because I've heard certain parts are very beautiful. Just curious, how did you end up there after being a PNW girl?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.