Saturday, April 24, 2010

Never Grow A Wishbone

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where a backbone ought to be - Clementine Paddleford. I just read that this morning. Boy, I need to embroider that on a sampler and put it where I can see it. Daily.

I finally worked through my anxiety and got a good night's sleep last night. It's been days, or at least it feels like it has. I got all the stuff down for this round of house stuff - mortgage approved - and submitted a formal offer. Now it's just a waiting game.

According to the agent, it has been shown multiple times since going on the market this week, but not everyone is like me. I want a two bedroom. I'm fine with it just having one bath. I do not want more house to heat, cool, maintain and insure than I need. I did notice that the ad wording has now changed to talk about converting the garage into a 3rd bedroom, so perhaps that's been the feedback. Anyway, I'm over the panic and anxiety and am feeling far more in control. Not of the outcomes, certainly, but of my part in all of this.

And yea, I've re-read Pebbles' note about a hundred times. She absolutely astounds me at times. She came over yesterday to go through the house and see for her self and she liked what she saw. Of course she was all full of "we could do this and we could change that" but that's her job and her nature. I'm pretty well fine with everything exactly as it is.

I'm also seeing Bick today and will tell him. I cannot sit around and wish things were different and let my opportunities go by the wayside. Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be. This is not a zero sum game. We all have the opportunity to win, if we chose to do so.

Thank you fall for the outpouring of support, encouragement and excitement. I do appreciate it.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Grow a spine.

-Roxie
142.5

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house. I've been looking too and it is so difficult finding what you want at the right price.

    Great quotation. I'm afraid my backbone is sometimes a wishbone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your house! I'm glad you found what you wanted. The picture of the house is so cute.
    Love the quote! Let us know when your offer is accepted:) I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it goes well with Bick today, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quote! Still crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the house! I hope things go well with Bick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My house is a 2-1 and it's just fine. Really. I sometimes long for a second bath, but that's maybe once a month. Lots of people feel like the simply could not live with less than a 3-2. Honestly, a small jewel box of a house is wonderful.

    You have a wonderful opportunity here. Very smart of you to grab on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house looks great. I'm in a small apartment and it works for me. Just enough space for me, though I know there are folks who can't imagine living in a shoebox. I'm not them and it works for me. I think you're great for seeing what you want and moving to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm playing catch up here. LOVE the house! I remember all too well the jitters that go along with the process, but I know you're more than capable of handling whatever comes your way.

    And thank you for the quote. I needed that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Im a first time author trying to promote my new blog and get followers! If you get a chance, please take a look: wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com
    Thanks so much for your time! :)
    Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like that quote. The house just sounds better and better. Hope it goes well with Bick.

    That link your lovin' hit home with me. Last night I was trying to write a post about the way I'm spending too much time in front of the TV and couldn't bring myself to publish it. I watch out of boredom - boredome I can do something about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT quote. I too approve of smaller houses (somehow I ended up in a bigger one, but 3 kids etc). Fingers crossed for you in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving that saying - truth for so many areas of life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your website, and I'm loving it! Best of luck on the house, and with Bick! I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darn. Was hoping to find an update on the house situation. Would also like to bid you in your visit with Bick today.

    I like that article on materialism, but I do have a bone to pick with his example. If I am at work, lets say on a Tuesday, how in hell am I going to use those 5.1 hours of TV time to go explore the Great Barrier Reef? I don't dispute that we spend a ton of time doing things that are just fillers, but that 11 weeks isn't in significant contiguous blocks. I like the idea, but I'm not booking a flight to Australia, yet.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.