Friday, April 16, 2010

TGIF

Thank goodness it's Friday. It's been a long, trying week and I'll be glad to see it in the rearview. I'm thinking pilates today might do the trick.

Tonight is a family dinner for my sister's birthday. It will be just four of us, me, Mom, Pebbles and Sister. Slater has other obligations tonight - so it will four for S'mores tonight. Yes, it's like wandering around in the lion's den, but it such a fun place - plus, as a friend pointed out - there are goat cheese tater tots! What's not to love?

I've already planned my dinner - it will be their salad du jour - which is a salad made up primarily of local ingredients and available - which sometimes is quite the melange. Last time I had the salad it was fiddle heads, fennel and fava beans. Obviously the chef loves alliteration as much as I do! So I don't have a clue what it will be tonight. Choosing in advance allows me a better chance of staying within what is reasonable and appropriate for me. Plus, the salad will allow me a S'more - which is the point of this place anyway - they are so stinking fun!

Saturday's plan include a meeting, going to the newish farmer's market here in town to check it out, other grocery shopping and a bike ride (weather permitting). I am attending visitation for the son who was murdered this week in the evening. Don't know what to do or to say other than to tell the Mom that I am so sorry and that she and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sunday will be meditation/church and I'm thinking another bike ride. Wednesday night brings another opportunity to expand my social circle and my horizons. I recently joined this organization and some local members are hosting a potluck on Wednesday. So I think I'll make some sweet potato chili and pop over and introduce myself to more complete strangers! Oh, and thanks for the chili inspiration, Chrissie.

Oh, I just remembered - I've got an eye doc exam scheduled for Saturday. It seems as though my vision is just deteriorating so quickly!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Expand your horizons.

-Roxie
145


ETA: I've begun watching The Buddha at pbs.org.

6 comments:

  1. "Thank goodness it's Friday. It's been a long, trying week and I'll be glad to see it in the rearview."

    Amen Sister!

    Have a great weekend Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the TGIF. Sounds like a good weekend full weekend with time for self and R&R. ALways important. The Couchsurfing org. sounds really interesting!

    That restaurant sounds awesome. I don't think there is a single establishment in the Philly area that could conjur up a fiddlehead!

    Take care -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goat cheese tater tots? YUM! Enjoy your company and the s'mores - have a good weekend and stay strong for the visitation...that will be pretty much awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a good, rejuvenating weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so lost...my computer has been acting stupid all week and I haven't been able to read anybody's blog. You got a bike?? How did I miss that?? And your hair still looks gorgeous. Istanbul? If I could google, I'd check it out...sounds exotic.

    I had to wait 2 minutes for the comment box to open. Hope you get this. I think I'll be taking this thing to the Geeks tomorrow. Have a great weekend.

    My word verification is "menly", heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet potato chili & goat cheese tater tots. Time to investigate!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.