Monday, April 26, 2010

Waiting on Monday

I got a call from The Agent on Saturday, saying that the house has four owners (parents and kids) and that it would be Monday until I heard anything. I am the first offer on the table, but I did stress that my offer was to be short-lived. I want a contract by this week or off I go. Don't know if that helps me or hurts me, but that's how I plan to proceed.

Bick was, as usual, incredibly supportive and very happy for me, so telling him wasn't difficult. If the news created a pang for him, he didn't let on. I guess I wanted to hear a bit of "we can make this work", but I didn't. I just need to look at actions, anyway. He's sober and we enjoy spending time together as friends. The rest of it, if there is a rest of it, will take care of itself in due time. We may end up hurting one another some time in the future, but I know that it will be without malice.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Know when to set limits.

-Roxie
143

3 comments:

  1. I'm as excited to hear about the house as you are! What a great attitude you have - it's clear you get that if it works out according to you terms, it's supposed to. I think it's great to be up front about what your needs are and then surrender the results.

    BTW, the movie was really good. I'm sure you've seen "My Name is Bill W"...this was as good in a different and interesting way. It really portrayed the story entirely from her perspective, and Bill was depicted even more disgusting in his drinking years than in Bill's story. He was entirely less appealing, even after sober, than James Woods was, which was probably a more accurate portrayal. I'm sure it'll be out on DVD soon, and it's worth seeing. I learned a lot about Lois I never knew, and details of their life together that didn't make it into AA literature.n If you get to see it soon, I'd love to know your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the offer! It's good to have a faster turn around time. Unless they want to wait for other offers, it should get the ball rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are moving forward. Re Bick's reaction, it is impossible to know what's in another person's mind. Really impossible. If you really want to know, you can always ask. So true about looking at actions. I have often said that people's priorities are known by what they do, not what they say (I'd hate to see how my priority list comes out LOL).

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.