Monday, April 5, 2010

We Return to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

I will be glad to return to normal. The last two weeks of work, while exhilirating, have been tough. Long holiday weekend was nice, but caring for the dog was also demanding. I've got dinner with friends, followed by dessert at The Closet then a break! Tomorrow I can return to the routine I love best.

I have tweaked the routine a bit lately. I'm now getting up at 6:30 - since I seem to be sleeping more. I've moved my workout to the evening which allows me more people contact than exercising in the wee hours of the morning. It also has the added bonus of cutting back on my grazing time. Evenings are my WORST!

I've also started reading a bit again. Finally. I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible that Graciela so graciously shipped me. I finally got off my but and installed a reading light strong enough for me to read with in the bedroom, so now I can read for a half hour or so at night. I'm sleeping better, too!

I've cut out coffee, and it's accompanying cream and I don't much miss it. When I have a coffee craving, I've been indulging in SBX Tall Skinny Lattes. 90 Cals. I've also tweaked the food some, although it's still work in progress. I'm trying to reduce my saturated fats, so I've been eating more fish. And I've been taking my vitamins! I am so not a daily pill taker. I don't know what I will do when I get older. I had a helluva time managing all The Grandbeast's medications over the weekend.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find a schedule that works.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. HI Roxie!

    Theres only one sure way to get me to take my vitamins......make them the gummy multivitamin for adults! LOL! Yum ! Never miss a day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Poisonwood Bible is one of my all time favorite books. I hope you enjoy it. I listened to it and it was preformed so well.

    My worst time is at night as well. Maybe I should tweak a few things.

    Glad you had a good weekend. Glad there wasn't any damage this time tending the Gbeast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Fatty...(in more ways than one) in so far as the Poisonwood Bible is one of the best I've read. Very good story.
    And I will forever be searching for a schedule that works. Thanks for the advice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always so happy to hear of a fellow forty-something who can sleep through the night...if I were in your place, I'd move that morning workout, too!

    LOVED the Poisonwood Bible - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poisonwood Bible is one of my favorites, too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I did find the first hundred pages a little slower going, but stuck with it and was very rewarded.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.