Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Year Of Magical Thinking

This whole house thing is getting more and more bizarre. I will have to watch myself carefully so that I don't slip too far into magical thinking or get too carried away. I need to stay focused.

Case(s) in point:

1. I called my friend, TheMerryNewlywed, to get the name of her real estate agent. She's bought and sold homes and rentals fairly frequently. I'd met the agent a couple of times at functions at TMNW's home. So she gives me her contact and info and says "Hey, Agent is hosting a function for clients tonight after work just across the street from The Closet, come on over and talk with her there". Very Cool. That was mid-morning.

2. I get there are TMNW says to her husband "Tell her". I look perplexed. Backstory TMNWs live 45 minutes away from town. But today at his work, also 45 minutes away from town, a coworker comes up and says "There is this great house that just went up for sale on my street - it might make a great investment/rental property as the price is really right. It's a blah blah blah..." He calls his wife and tells her and she says OMG, that's the house that Roxie is interested in! So I was able to get a lot of the backstory on this house.

I'm scheduled to see the house in an hour and a half. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much last night, but that may have more to do with the potluck dinner last night with really spicy, but good food. One of the group has a Bahrainian houseguest who cooked some really spectacular food that I don't know the name of, but it was all spicy. And I didn't have an antacid nor even any baking soda in the house when I needed it at 3:30 am.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Know the signs.

-Roxie
145

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I am so excited for you. See it's a good invesment and doesn't have to mean that you need to close the door on you and Bick.

    Will be waiting for an updte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could it not be a magical sign when there's a Bahrainian houseguest involved!

    I'm so excited to see how this all turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all sounding very exciting. I can't wait to see you come out of The Closet and into your own little home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, interesting!!! Waiting with anticipation for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love it when something seems Meant To Be. Fingers crossed that the house lives up to its potential.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.