Friday, May 14, 2010

Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined

The musical was a riot. Raunchy and funny and great fun. Andrew Lloyd Webber needn't worry - this is low down, low brow stuff. But I'm a fan of the tacky.

And on the other side of the cultural divide, Pebbles attended this last night.

Today's plan includes a longer workout at lunch. There are no group classes going on right now, so it's treadmill city. But I think I'll take a bit longer today at lunch. I'm shooting for a two-fer today, as I know I'll come up short over the weekend. Plus there's that issue of a little too much sushi - actually not to much sushi last night, just my reaction to the sodium in soy. I notice it even more, now that I've cut my salt consumption down.

Unfortunately, I am a lazy slob that didn't prepare breakfast this morning, so I'll have another boost in salt intake by heading over to McD's for my back up breakfast. Egg McMuffin, no cheese (that stuff isn't cheese anyway) and ditch half the muffin. I'll add some apple dippers (no dip) and call it breakfast. And since I have no leftovers, I'll have to buy lunch as well. It may be vegetable soup from Potbelly's or perhaps the McD's classic chicken grilled sandwich (ditch the top bun and the mayo) and some apple slices. Either way, it will take a couple of days for the sodium (yesterday and today's) to right itself.

New plan for Sunday - watching this.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't worry, be tacky.

-Roxie
142

9 comments:

  1. That's our DFW metroplex - something for everyone.
    Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My taste definitely runs towards the tacky. What was that line from anyway?

    The good old egg mcmuffin is my backup too but I'm not as conscientious as you about ditching anything off it.

    My employer sponsors a team in a Dragon Boat Race we have here once a year. Thankfully I've managed to avoid the rowing and the water. Don't think I'd mind watching one though.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your back up breakfast and you're so right about the *cheese*.

    Sunday will be so much fun. Can we see pics after?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love "don't worry, be tacky" - embrace it!! That play looks like it was a lot of fun - kind of reminds me of the "Tuna" series of characters.

    I used to eat two egg mcmuffin meals (with hashbrowns!) on a regular basis. Man they were good, "cheese" and all, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a riot. I lurves me some tacky. It is entertaining. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Christianlouboutinmy.com,the summer is coming,what are you waiting for,just come and go shopping,here are our featured and best-seller christian louboutin products:chanel shoes chanel shoes jimmy choo jimmy choo manolo blahnik manolo blahnik louis vuitton shoes louis vuitton shoes Tory Burch Shoes and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. why do I have a feeling that Christian louboutin doesn't need to spam for clients..just sayin'.
    I hear subways has some sort of egg white thing a mibob...I have a road trip soon so I may have to try it.
    I have never had an egg mcmuffin...I have had the egg mcgriddle which is just about the worst thing you can eat. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great, relaxed way to spend a few days!
    I've never seen dragon boats, but it sounds like fun. Looking forward to reading about it (and maybe seeing some photos? hint hint)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there! I am a newbie here. My blog is called Reikied Over the Coals. Any help for this techno challenged girl would be appreciated. And as for the Mickey D specials, as a real splurge, I put two regular hamburgers on one bun, and add the carmel free apple dippers too!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.