Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It Only Hurts When I Laugh


I've pretty much processed through the house stuff - or I am picking it back up less frequently. So that is good. The bad news is that I pass it on the bus every day. So I guess when I start to pick it up, I'll try to put it off until I actually see the house on my way home.

I've heard and said "Everything happens for the best" and while this snafu doesn't rank up there in terms of life's true troubles, I don't know that everything does happen for the best. Upon reflection, I tend to think that we humans have an amazing ability to adjust to a new set of circumstances, if we choose to do so. And then as time passes and we get comfortable in our new surroundings and in our situations, it's hard to imagine anything else - and suddenly "this" became the "best". And that's not a bad thing, to be sure.

I had a nice day on Sunday. Bick invited me up for dinner. We hit the remnants of a big auto meet and test drove a clone of the above pictured car. Bick has always wanted one, but the guy was asking too much money.

We then took SadieLu and went to the dog park. I've made a discovery - if one is feeling a bit down, just go to the dogpark. It really is the happiest place on earth. I mean, SadieLu is an old girl and is completely uninterested in any dog or anything except swimming in the tank they have there. She forgot to bring her suit (towel) and her daddy wouldn't let her go without. So she just found a shady spot and watched the action. But all the other dogs were running and playing and would come up and say "hey" and get an ear scratched. Lifted my mood by about a billion tail wags. You don't even need to bring a dog.

So this week, I'm leaving the drama behind. Back on the bus and back to my routine. Luckily for me, I love where I'm living and I would have missed it. So I am back with a renewed determination to enjoy the amenities that are here.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Got your ears on?

-Roxie
142

7 comments:

  1. I think when people say things happen for the best, they are referring to hindsight. Years from now, who is to say that you won't look back at the little house and say, "wow, I'm so glad that didn't happen, it was for the best." Of course too there ARE the ones who get away...

    Glad to see you in laughing mode, though, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be hard to see the house every day...but you are doing a great job of moving forward. And I agree - there is nothing better than watching dogs play to lift your spirits.

    Thanks for the belt advice, ya cowgirl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you do still feel that you love where you are right now, even if you were disappointed to lose the house - at least you aren't desperate to move on! And from everything you've said about the Closet it really does have a lot going for it!
    I want to watch dogs playing in the sunshine! As far as I know there are no dog parks in Wales and its hard to see a bunch of dogs having fun off-leash around here, its not the most dog-friendly area (probably because of all the sheep farms!) There's nothing on earth so happy as a happy dog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roads come and go. Perhaps a better path lies before you. Probably. I've come to learn that they do. Often, they are worth the wait. Makes me appreciate them more, at any rate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taking B to the trail park. It's not only fun for B, but also for me, because you meet some of the nicest people with their dogs.

    I have been meaning to comment on your house fiasco, and to tell you how sorry I am that it didn't work out. Especially because of "why" it didn't work out! Yes, it would probably take me a while to get over that too.

    And thanks for your nice comment on my last post on my blog. I'm going through a bit of remorse in quitting...things happen and I automatically think "oh, I should write about that on my blog."

    But, I'm still analyzing what's best for me emotionally... I do think I will come back in the not too distance future, I'll just have to make some adjustments on my expectations for feedback. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wise woman, you are Roxie!
    Ownership is a tricky thing, at any rate.
    Of houses or people or concepts.

    Going back to my dojo now.....
    om...om.....om....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Houses come & houses go. Watch HGTV and catch Property Virgins or the show with Sandra Rinomata (can't recall the name of the show). People miss out on opportunities there all the time. That's all it was too - an opportunity.

    Sorry about the crypticism back at my place. Tried to do an email update. Must have a wee little format issue. Things are no where near as dire as that title sounded.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.