Sunday, May 23, 2010

"I've got to lose 10 pounds by 8:30"

I heart Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda, well, Rhoda may be the funniest character on tv. Thank goodness for Hulu. I had no idea these were on there! I also had no idea that my favorite moment was from only the second episode. Great stuff.

Today was spent doing stupid stuff. I made marshmallows and they are still too sticky. And for reasons that I can't quite recall, I also made caramel sauce for tomorrow's S'more extravaganza. Oh, and I toasted some coconut, too. Sampled far too much.

That was Sunday. It's now Monday. I'm now suffering from a post-sugar crash. Not a binge, just too much sugar. Blech. Actually, just too much all weekend and the scale definitely groaned this morning.

I've got a day packed to the gills and then tomorrow I'm off to the coast for the remainder of the week. I wish it was a fun trip, but it's not. Bick asked me to go with him as he makes the trip in support of a long-time family friend. It's going to be a difficult time for all concerned, no matter what the outcome. I don't know what my access will be, so you may or may not hear from me for a while.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Provide support.

-Roxie
144

13 comments:

  1. My scales don't love me right now either, so I sympathise!
    Sorry to hear you have a bit of a stressful trip coming up. Hopefully it'll be better than you expect and you'll manage to find some sunny moments in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat some protein, it will help calm that sugar down.

    Hope your trip is much better than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the trip. Hope it ends up being something you are glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done a little too much sugar this weekend, too. Definitely know the feeling. Sending you good thoughts for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I over did it alittle over the weekend myself. Feel alittle like I have a hangover.....lol.

    Take care at the coast. Nice that you can support Bick. Hope that things aren't as bad as they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MTM. I also love That Girl. Marlo Thomas had the best outfits.

    Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love MTM and Rhoda and The Bob Newhart Show. I'm glad to know they are on hulu.

    Hope the weekend turns out good for you. It'll be hot so drink lots of water :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MTM and Rhoda are among my all time favorite tv characters - I'll have to check it out on hulu. Also the original Bob Newhart Show where he was a psychologist. If that's on hulu, I may never get any work done again!

    In addition to the protein suggested by Helen, gobs of water definitely helps with the natural detox process. You know about this better than I!

    May your trip provide some unexpected joyful, light and relaxing moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite character is Sue Anne Nevins-- the happy homemaker with the heart of a shark.

    I hope the trip has unexpected pleasures. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I (heart) Rhoda but for a completely different reason than almost anyone. you, Rox, may be aware, but almost no one else in the innerwebz knows.

    Good luck with the trip. Sounds difficult, but you've got the tools to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mr. Grant! Love the MTM show!

    Hope your trip goes well - take care, Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up about Mary Tyler Moore being on Hulu!

    Sorry this week will be a difficult one - hopefully you can enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.