Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just a Bit Of Gratitude

Spent some time doing some recovery (make that discovery) work tonight. Just felt the need to make note of things for which I am grateful today. In no particular order.

1. The Dollar Store - what fun for just a few dollars. I always forget what stuff they will have there. I got the supplies to make homemade marshmallows on Sunday for s'mores for the boss' birthday on Monday. Sadly there will be no campfires at the office next Monday, just using the microwave. I thought about a torch, but I don't want to own a torch. I also got a night light, a bike lock and a shower caddy. And yes, these things were on my list when I went in to the store :-)

2. That I can look back and see growth.

3. I ate one serving of a treat tonight and threw the rest out. If I were perfect, I could keep it around and have another serving tomorrow night and another the night after that, but, alas, I am not. So there was a "trail mix" funeral tonight.

4. I'm grateful for every moment that I spend "in the moment".

5. I just made a guilt-free phone call to my Mom.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very good day. I especially applaud the trail mix goodbye. In a perfect world I could keep snacks around, too, but that world is far off. I'm enjoying buying single portions of ice cream. Stops ice cream binges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for my blogging friends!
    And that we all have a time and a place to share.
    This was unimaginable just a few years ago!

    Glad you had a good day in Discovery -land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for my kids.
    I am glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget about the Dollar Store too.

    Thanks for sharing your gratitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice way to end the day. Everyone should do that on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.