Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home Grown Tomatoes

I'm enjoying lots of garden fresh vegetables and herbs these days, thanks to Bick, my sister and coworkers. I'm still doing my egg white omelet most mornings, but these days it is chockful of fresh veggies. I'm still doing the big-ass spinach salad at lunch, but it was more of a chopped vegetable salad with spinach on the side these days. I'm feeling really good about getting in my veg for the day - probably better than I have at any point in my life. Offerings include Home Grown Tomatoes, cucumbers, dill, basil, oregano, thyme, peppers, peaches, plums, and the ubiquitous squash.

My spritzer is still working great - so far, so good.

Tonight is a meeting, followed by a quick trip to the store for coffee. I've added back a single cup in the morning, which is the one that I really enjoy - law of diminishing returns and all. I've got no plans for Friday - I may try to sneak in TS3, which might be impossible. Or I could just go for another quick loopy ride, but I want to have good legs for Saturday's ride. Other than that, I've got nothing.

Well, that's not true. I've got a "yoga on the lawn" activity on my calendar for Sunday. It's billed as 108 Sun Salutations on the lawn at 4:00 in the afternoon. Might give Bikram a run for the money in terms of HOT! I don't know if I will be feeling that froggy.

I've bought some tickets to the local Shakespeare festival's production next week and have invited Sandy. I haven't heard from her in a while - she's of the arty-type, and I thought she might enjoy this. I'll go whether she joins me or not. I probably won't go out for the Italian Food that I promised her, however. I have had a gnawing and a craving for butter chicken since reading this. I could take myself out for some yummy Indian food on Friday - now that sounds like a plan!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Eat well.

-Roxie
139.5

6 comments:

  1. Your veggie salads sound great! I always feel like a fool when I buy squash at the grocery store considering how abundant it is in so many gardens, but I don't have a hookup here. Love the thought of putting fresh herbs in the salad - I will have to try that!

    With that yoga on the lawn at 4pm, not only will you get hot, you will get an awesome tan...or in my case, sunburn.

    Which Shakespeare play? I love the comedies and will be seeing one (which, I don't know) next month when I'm in California.

    Oh, and wow on the weight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, I'm seeing Much Ado About Nothing - which I've never seen, so I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one home grown tomatoe off one of my 2 plants. I felt like Old McDonald. E.I.E.I.O.

    How nice of you to think of Sandy. I hope she takes you up on the tickets.

    I have yet to try Indian food. I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful veggies! And sounds like you have some wonderful things planned. Fun! I've been craving some Indian food. There is a place called Cuisine of India that's so good.

    Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell myself that every time I have a home case that doesn't have air conditioning.... People pay good money to go to a spa - and here I get a "free" sauna!
    And an outdoor tanning bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, tomato envy. Mine are still green and refuse to ripen despite my hourly viewings. I do have cucumbers in though, and they're yummy (and cool.)

    Be careful with that "hot" yoga!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.