Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Scream

I scream for ice cream. I've been answering the siren call of hot fudge sundaes and ice cream over the last couple of days. In a really bad way. What the hell! I actually know what the hell - lack of planning proper, filling and nutritionally balanced meals have left me trying to fill the void, and boy, have I.

The deal with the ice cream is stupid, really. Ice cream doesn't set well with me. It makes my innards bounce around and sound like a big kettle drum. Now why in the world would a person do that to herself, knowing the consequences. Okay, the first time, maybe; but after that? Idiocy.

The month of June is almost over and I can get back to my routine (she said hopefully). Of course, I could choose to keep things much closer to my normal routine that I have been. I could have made better choices. And I still can.

Starting now.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Put your inner-brat in time out.

-Roxie
141

4 comments:

  1. That ice cream is a cruel mistress sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an inner brat that is always making an ass out me. BRAT!

    Let's both start anew tomorrow! Here's to good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remind myself that time-out isn't punishment. It is a chance to de-compress and re-direct.
    And ice-cream isn't always a "treat!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for the fro-yo instead! Like Isabel says on www.TheDietSolutionProgram.com, you can make substitute choices that ARE healthy.

    Don't beat yourself up, Roxie. Keep up the disciplined exercise routine, and you'll be fine.

    We're all thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.