Thursday, June 10, 2010
Running The Numbers: Part Three
Turns out, my decision to do this was pretty timely. I am grateful for the new tools that I have at my disposal. I now have the ability to (try) view things from a different perspective. I do not have to view this as a rejection. We all have choices to make in our lives. My choices are mine.
21. Go to a meeting. For me, this means one thing. For you, it could be a garden club, a book club, the bike club, a volunteer group. Do something - for yourself or for someone else.
22. Write affirmations - I am hitting this one hard. I am writing affirmations and positive statements in order to learn to self-affirm. I don't need to be all that and a bag of chips to someone else - I need to be that to me. I do not get my value based upon my actions or validation from an external source. Again with the re-wiring - when I start to do things that do not improve my situation, I will resort to affirming things.
23. Walk to the store for an apple.
24. Walk to the store for a single serving Greek Yogurt.
25. Walk to the store for some raspberries.
26. Walk the stairs in The Closet, utilizing the parking garage. I can get a great, safe and dry workout right here close to home.
27. Write letters. I have relatives who do not have email. I can write them a letter.
28. Buy a travel book. As a part of envisioning the future I want for myself, I will buy a travel book for that destination. A trip to the bookstore, used or otherwise, all the while picturing me in the new locale, does wonders for the soul. This is actually on tap for my weekend. It's okay to by a used travel guide. For the most part, the Eiffel tower doesn't move around much! If it was there last year, it will be there next.
29. Buy a one day transit pass and ride there and back. Doesn't matter where "there" is. See your city from a different viewpoint. For me, this means I can hop the train to Dallas. Normally, I go to see Pebbles, but I could go just to see the sites.
30. Journal. I've started doing this. Amazingly, there ARE some things that I don't share. Journalling brings clarity to me. I can start to write about something and things come into sharper focus.
to be continued......
Last night was GNO and SATC2. Lord, was that a bad, bad movie. But I enjoyed the company. Too much salty stuff, however.
Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. We have more control than we think.
ETA: I've started tracking cycling miles. Turns out the route I've been riding is 22 miles! While it's not Lori's distances, it is farther than I'd thought. Go me!