Thursday, June 3, 2010

T is For Tired

I've not slept well for the last couple of nights, so I took an OTC PM type medicine. It didn't work last night, but it sure is working this morning. I feel like I could put my head down on my desk and sleep for a couple of hours. Not the way to start a Thursday. Oh, well. This too shall pass.

Didn't get any exercise done last night, so no bike riding. Thunderboomers started a bit after 5pm and lasted well into the evening. I guess I could have dashed across the street to the gym, but I didn't want to get soaked (or carry an umbrella) - now that I think about it, I could have driven over there and stayed dry! Hindsight. Again with the oh, well.

Plans now include a meeting tonight, followed by late exercise of some kind. Tomorrow I've got exercise at lunch, but no plans after work. I could stand to do some grocery shopping. I'm going through vegetables like a Cuisianart - which is a good thing. On Saturday morning, I'm planning to be on the bike trail at 6:30 am and upon my return, get cleaned up and hop the train to Dallas - just for lunch. Pebbles has found a new pizza joint that she says is very much like her favorite pizza joint in Regio-Emilia. Thin crust Margherita Pizza. I cannot wait!

Sunday's plans include meditation/church service and lunch out with the Poolville Pagans. I haven't visited with them in a while, plus it will be an opportunity to try out the vegan place in town. Next Wednesday will be another Girls Night Out which involves seeing SATC2 (which I've heard is awful, darn it). And after that, I've got nothing on the docket. Actually, I'm considering joining some surfers at a local microbrewery for a pub trivia night. I'm a little out of the demographic, but I do love trivia. That would be on Tuesday, if I decide to give it a go.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Stay alert.

ETA: Take a peek at the link I'm loving today. Kathy M posts some good stuff.

-Roxie
140.5

Photo is of The GrandBeast as a puppy.

Extra Fun ETA: Malibu Ken

10 comments:

  1. Hi Roxy,

    Your post makes me want to hit the treadmill, or the walking path, or my bike. I think I will.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was very nice to hear from you. I appreciated your very kind comment and would be honored if you linked to my post. Thank you.

    Please take good care of yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Trivia! I have all kinds of useless info swimming around in this head of mine.

    Feeling kind of tired this morning too.

    I need to take a train somewhere. Your plans sound like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. For someone who is tired, you sure are planning lots of activity! Maybe all that will walk you up.

    I heard the same about SATC2 so I'm waiting for Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when I'm awake in the night and then KNOW I could nod off in the blink of an eye.

    Even if SATC2 is awful, you'll have fun with the girls. There are no decent movies right now, which I'm finding very annoying, but no one is listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had trouble sleeping the other night. I woke up at 1 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. Don't know why. I hate that.

    Hope you get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO SPOILERS HERE:

    I'm a HUGE SATC fan. I've probably seen every tv episode at least 20 times. Some would say it's a problem. (read Mark)

    I simply ADORED the first movie, had to see it a second time as I balled through the first showing. Balled through the entire thing. I don't know what it was, but it was like seeing old friends and I was just so happy!! (happy balling)

    This one, did provoke that same feeling, but I will agree, not a "great movie," but I can't help it, I just love those girls and I ate up every last drippy, overthetop moment of it. Just go with an open mind and escape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Ativan for nights I can't sleep. It relaxes me enough to turn off my brain so I can get my beauty zzzzz's.
    lol @ baby Grandbeast's sleeping position. :D Dogs are so funny and precious.

    Boy, you have a busy agenda there ... lots of soulful things to do on the list. Sounds fulfilling, Roxie.

    Yours is the last blog I'm reading before I head out for my bike ride. I'll be smiling for ya! :D
    Hope the meeting goes smoothly tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like a good pizza - and yet, there are so many bad pizzas out there...hope the new place is great!

    Awww to the grandbeast puppy!

    Sorry to hear SATC2 is bad - of course I will still see it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have I told you that I love how you put your weight under your name?
    It's a nice way to keep track of it without hitting yourself over the head.
    Have fun with your vegan meal and satc...I haven't seen any of the movies.
    The last movie I saw was alice in wonderland I think lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally , I loved the SATC2movie..laughed out loud seeveral times..The clothes..eh..not my cup of tea. But this felt like the old series more than the last film did. I'm impressed you get up so early for a bike ride. I live in GA and it gets as hot as hell by 9.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.