Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life Is Indeed Good

Thanks to Leslie for the bloggy. As I do with these things, I make my own rules. I award it to all of you to answer the questions and/or think about all the good things that are going on in your life. That very thought has been one of the most important things that I've learned on the city version of my journey is that I can still be very happy and fulfilled, even if my life is not perfect. I do not HAVE to completely fixate on what's wrong. Those things can still be wrong and I can still experience happiness and joy and peace. I never knew before now that those things could all coexist. Thanks Leslie for the award and I look forward to reading all your gratitudes.

I'm going to hop on Cha-Cha for a bit this morning and then it's off to the doc for my annual well woman check up. Although this time, I elected to see the NP, rather than wait for my doc. So I will leave you with my answers to this awards questions.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Focus on the POSITIVE - Life is good.

-Roxie
140

1. What would your perfect day consist of?

I’ve actually been thinking about this a good deal lately. My perfect day would consist of an early morning cuppa outside with nature. Followed by a walk or bike ride through said nature. I’d come back home to a wonderful breakfast of eggs benedict with just a smidge of hollandaise sauce. Then maybe a swim. I don’t know why it is, but I ALWAY have an urge to swim after eating and NOT wait the prescribed time. Is that just an legend, anyway? And then I’d like to set the big old farm table for the evening’s gathering of friends. I love to poke around and try to come up with something new and interesting on the tablescaping front. Setting a table is my absolute favorite creative endeavor. I could spend hours pouring through my stuff, both indoors and out, trying to come up with a statement set-up. I’d probably follow this up with a trip to the (fictional) market(s) to gather things for a casual dinner for friends (think The Barefoot Contessa). And then we’d spend the remainder of the evening laughing, talking and perhaps even playing a board game or somesuch. The evening would end by my falling into a freshly laundered (ironed and lightly starched) set of favorite, well-broke in sheets. Some good sex would be nice, followed by the supreme luxury of a good night’s sleep.

2. How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing?

I am a classic white shirt. I can be sporty - with a popped collar, with jeans and killer heels. I can be professional - worn under a blazer and a no-nonsense suit. I can be girl-next-store - tails out, worn over a pair of 501s. I can be earthmother - sleeves rolled up, cooking or baking or gardening.

3. What hobbies are you currently working on?

I am lacking the hobby department - although I guess cycling counts as a hobby. I’m looking into jewelry-making, but only as a one-off thing. I don’t seem to read much anymore. My ability to concentrate on anything is rather limited these days.



4. Walking in the woods in wellies or bare foot on the beach?

Yes. I could not possibly choose.

5. Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree?

No, but I’ve moo’ed to cows I’ve passed.

6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket?

I no longer have any room to grow my own anything except some basil.

7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree?

Nary a soul.

8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish 'n' chips from the wrapper?

Again, I can’t choose. While I consider myself a bit of a foodie, fish and chips is one my favorite comfort foods. I associate it with home and nostalgic eating. When I travel to the PNW, I eat it almost every day.

9. Which element do you most resonate with, Earth, Air, Fire or water?

At heart, I think I’m an Earthy person.

10. Do you believe in fairies?

Nope, can’t say that I do. I do, however, believe in the magical power of Nature.

8 comments:

  1. lern722Now why didn't I think of good sex? Your day sounds like I could substitute it for mine.

    I love that you opted for the NP today rather than the doc. I do too for gyn stuff...get in sooner, generally have a woman who actually looks at you and talks to you (tho not gauranteed) and if there is anything up, she calls the doc in anyway.

    I also loved that you claimed earth mother status...I get that from your blog regularly. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - glad I am not the only one that moos at cows :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun answers - and I'd take the same set of sheets but no sex. What??? That would mess up the freshly made bed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a cow-mooer too. Among dozens of other animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Roxie -
    I saw some real-life Fairies when I was out a few weekends ago!
    Very cool list.
    (Mooo!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these little peeks into bloggers lives :)

    Miz, who hath never mooooed at a cow and shall immediately start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you learned to adjust your focus. It is hard, isn't it? Probably the most important thing to learn on this journey of life. :) Hope your day went great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've mooed at a few cows in my day, and baa'ed at a few sheep!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.