Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Little Pleasure, A Little Pain

A little pleasure, a little pain, a little sunshine, a little rain

Check up went well. Enjoyed the bit of extra time that the NP seemed to have. Came away with an interesting diagnosis, that while I don't know if I completely agree with it, it certainly does explain A LOT. According to the NP, I have low blood pressure. Before taking my bp, she asked me about it and I responded with "It's stellar". She took my reading and said, "Well, I don't know about stellar, I think it's low". There's nothing serious about having low blood pressure and it does sort of explain a few of my symptoms - excessive thirst, cold all the time, other symptoms that I'd attributed to perhaps some blood sugar issues, even some depression, although that was pretty far down the list. Anyway, nothing to be concerned about, just interesting that it is just now coming up. I am scheduling the rest of the recommended tests ASAP. I failed to complete the routine last year and I need to do all that is required this time. I did go in for my fasting blood work yesterday.

The insurance company totaled my friend's car. She is devastated, but refuses to accept anything from me, says it was completely her deal, says I tried to get her to go a different way and she refused. Said her husband is being very supportive. I am still pondering my options here.

I have been snacky as all hell - and craving the sweets. While I have been practicing moderation, I have to question if it's worth it. Feeding me a bite of chocolate is like kicking the lion's cage. We'd all be much happier if that sleeping monster stayed asleep. Yes, I've enjoyed the indulgences, and I am trying to move away from "bad" and "good" thinking, I just don't know that the aftermath is worth it. I don't miss what I don't have, ya know?

Had a follow up phone call from my dear friend and certified financial planner, Meg. I'd have to give myself a D+ - a barely passing. I've done a lot of the major stuff, but have dropped the ball with the next phase - mostly my Tuesday Challenge stuff. The follow up was a loving, gentle reminder to get with it. Bonus - it was a fabulous visit. Neither she nor I love the phone, but you wouldn't know it from our recent conversation.

Again, I'm going into the weekend with not much in the way of plans. Well, I had some plans to go to East Texas with Bick and those got changed. I had some plans to get our camping gear back from Pebbles, but she's flying to Boston this morning to visit her college friend, Bailey, for the weekend. I've got a meeting tonight and I'm going to try to spend some time with Cha-Cha after that.

And speaking of Cha-Cha, she now has a bike lock so that she can go to the store! I've figured out a way to ride to the Super Target that doesn't involve spending time on a major street, as I'm still not comfortable enough nor fast enough to ride with traffic on the streets. I am looking forward to being able to hop on Cha-Cha for a quick ride to the store. The heat doesn't bother me nearly as much when I'm riding as when I'm walking.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Finish what you start.

-Roxie
139.5

5 comments:

  1. Seems like low blood pressure might be a better thing to have than too high. your weight loss and improved fitness level may be a small factor too.

    Have you noticed that when bike riding you seemingly never sweat until you stop? Gotta love that evaporative cooling.

    ps - those guys racing in France right now are really the only ones that go fast enough to actually ride with traffic. The rest of us mere mortals just try to doodle along as best we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they doing the thyroid tests for you, I hope?

    I get low bp sometimes too, mostly positional vertigo, which is pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a news chatty post. Low is definitely better than high, as has already been noted.

    As I read your post, I realized how now I know most of your "players"...Pebbles, Bick, Cha cha! In the early days of readying your blog, it took me awhile to figure it all out. You and cha cha take it easy cycling through the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes have low bp, too. Hormones seem to fluctuate mine. What doesn't hormones fluctuate? Peasky, damn things.

    Have fun with Cha-Cha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have low BP all the time. I have a tendency to faint for a variety of reasons. But usually the doc says that's no problem as long as I recognize what's wrong and sit down before I fall and hit my head. lol

    Glad you and Cha-Cha are getting along so great!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.