Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Patience, Grasshopper

Boy, the opportunities for growth just keep coming. The hours I spent yesterday and last evening turned out to be for naught. Ended up in a tangle with a bureaucratic agency. Had to reboot and come at this cleanup in a different way. Spent some more hours on it today. I am still unsure if my resolution will be accepted. I did manage to keep my peace through it all. I do believe I was still pleasant today, even after hours of data massaging.

I am hoping not be deterred from a bike ride this afternoon, as I was derailed early by a piece of lemon blueberry cheesecake that was BEYOND phenomenal.

More news on the medical front:

Chest x-rays came back fine. The NP wanted to get a baseline on me, as I was a thirty year smoker.

Blood test: to be run again in six weeks. White blood cell count down.

Vitamin D results: Very deficient. Now on VD3 2000 IU per day.

Disappointing news: Cholesterol numbers are elevated to what they were in 2007. Slightly. The recent weight loss and dietary changes didn't budge the LDL. Medication is not being advocated, but it's probably just a matter of time. Darn it!

The next work week should be even more opportunities for growth and patience.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Develop grace under fire.

-Roxie
140

9 comments:

  1. I laughed when you said opportuniy for growth. Way to push through with a pleasant attitude. Now go for that bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bureaucracy is the biggest test of growth and patience there is. I wish you peace. Maybe if you chant during it.

    I recently started taking vitamin D also. Supposedly, most of us are deficient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doc said LDL is harder to get down as you get older, and it naturally rises some. May not be a bad thing if it stays where it is, as long as the HDL and triglycerides are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate waiting in line, dealing with rude sales clerks and anything bureaucratic. I hope that you get through it all.

    It sounds like your doctor is being proactive - that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon blueberry cheesecake, seriously? Sounds heavenly. :)

    What's up with everyone I know having a vitamin D deficiency? I know at least three people at work that are vitamin D deficient, and one of my nieces. It's just weird that all of a sudden it seems to be ailing everyone.

    About the cholesterol, sometimes no matter what you do you fix the cholesterol problem. I know several heatlhy, active people with high cholesterol. You couldn't force non-wholesome, healthy food on them if you tried. Yet their cholesterol is extremely high. They are taking meds with no ill side effects, just lowered their cholesterol. I guess be happy we live in an era where we have good meds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you're keeping your peace despite provocation! My father has high cholesterol regardless of his diet (so he doesn't bother watching it - not sure that's what his doctor would recommend) and he has no health problems arising from it at all. He also takes less exercise than you and is significantly older, so I wouldn't be too worried!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you're keeping your peace despite provocation! My father has high cholesterol regardless of his diet (so he doesn't bother watching it - not sure that's what his doctor would recommend) and he has no health problems arising from it at all. He also takes less exercise than you and is significantly older, so I wouldn't be too worried!

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodLORD you have the ability to maintain the best attitude ever.

    Id be needing lots of OmOmOm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, I keep hearing more and more about us ladies being Vitamin D deficient. My cousin is on 3x the amount you're on. She had it so bad, she was losing the ability to walk and a whole array of other issues. Apparantly it takes a LONG time to be on those high doses for it to make it back to norm. ugh.

    As you said... getting old(er) is NOT for the weak.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.