Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Failure Stinks

Janell's hilarious story story reminds me of Pebbles' adventure from March, 2004. Go read Janell's tale of tail NOW if you haven't already.

From the archives:


Pebbles works for a very prominent family as a babysitter/petsitter/housesitter. She got the gig on a fluke and it appears that she lost it the same way. It's a tough deal because they paid her very well. And I, for one, appreciated their generosity. She's worked for them for about 8 months. The deal went sour last night.

It was late last night, the boys were asleep and Pebbles needed something out of her car. She and the dog went outside and that's where things went bad. Duke, a Dachshund, made a mad dash for her car and there met up with a skunk. The two tangled under the car, with the skunk spraying Duke and the underside of Pebbles' car with a liberal amount of skunk juice. Pebbles yelled at Duke to get out from under the car and she tried to catch him, but failed. He made a mad dash for the doggie door and made it back into the house. So, you guessed it, spread the stank in the lovely home in VeryPosh Heights. Expensive sofa? Check. Turkish carpets? Check. The couple came home. Pebbles had locked the dog in the garage, as there was no outside holding pen, but the damage was done. The husband was totally pissed; the wife was a little more philosophical.



So, Pebbles had to drive home with her head out the window because the smell was so bad in her car. She stripped down to butt nekkid in the front yard, came inside and jumped in the shower. I gathered up her clothes and they are in the washer this very instant.

Honestly, all I could do was laugh my ass off. I'm sorry that she might lose her job over this - I don't know what else she could have done. However, I can certainly understand why the family is upset. They came home to an expensive, smelly disaster.

The really bad news is that she was getting ready to ask him for job information/leads/recommendations, as he is a developer and knows TONS of people in the business.


Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Failure stinks.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the referral. Haha
    I can't believe she had such bad luck, not that my luck was all that much better. I'm still amazed that I didn't get blasted. I've heard tomato juice works.

    And I don't see this as Pebble's fault. It was the damn untrained dog chasing the skunk. That's what they do. Survival of the fittest. I hope Pebble's prevails. Hysterical though frustrating situation for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of luck. I haven't had a run in with a skunk. Knocking on my head, I mean wood, as I type this.

    Have a great time in Colorado. I am so jealous. Any where that is cooler then this hell I live in would be great!

    Kids will surprise ya, so will men! Cha Cha will be so happy you thought to bring her.

    Poor Pebbles. Falling and the Iphone. Yep, I'd have been pissed!

    Glad you had a nice 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was a long time ago, but it irks me. It wasn't Pebbles' fault the dog got sprayed. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After laughing at Janell's story, this one was almost too much! Poor Pebbles. That was totally not her fault. Funny, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a similar skunk experience while checking a trap line as a kid. Caught a skunk in a foot trap. In Upstate NY, in February, during a snowstorm. My folks made me strip down on the front porch and hop directly into a scalding hot bath. I think the smell went away with the first two layers of my skin. Never did see those clothes again.

    Did you know skunk juice is green?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.