Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stringing Good Days Together: The July Edition

While I haven't taken the time to purchase beads to start my lovingkindness/reward/whatever necklace, I still plan to do so. Here are the results for July as I try to continue to wrestle maintenance:

I charted my food for 28 days.
I had a forced activity on 20 days - some days may include two-a-days.
I recorded my weight on 26 days.

I don't recall any particular NSV, although there were plenty of high-points in July.

So my bead total for July is: 74.

On June 30, I weighed 141.5. On July 31, I weighed 139. Through the month my weight has fluctuated from 145 to an all-time low of 137.

Pebbles bailed on the bike ride today, which was a tad disappointing, but not the end of the world. I went anyway and made a decision to add a little length to the ride. I was trying to get in 30, but after doing my usual out and back 22, I headed out in a new direction. I rode for a while, but it was pretty desserted and the trail wasn't very well maintained. As this was an area of town that I wasn't really familiar with, I cut it short and came home. It's probably a good thing. I don't want to add to much too soon, and I've done no riding this week at all, I don't believe.

Which may point to my sleep deprivation for the week, now that I think about it. I did opt for a chemical solution as my rx arrived in the mail yesterday. I do not like to rely on sleep aids, but after the week of lack, I needed something. So I took one and slept well last night.

As noted in the comments from yesterday, the day turned out much better than I had anticipated. Oh, the things happened that I thought would happen, but other than one minor thing I wish I could change, I handled the day with grace and joy. Had a lovely evening out with the Poolville Pagans listening to some live music, but I did get tired, so I cut it a bit short. I did three things that were really hard for me to do yesterday and I've got a couple more on tap today. But I survived yesterday and I'll survive today.

I'm going to visit my uncle in the hospital, take some paperwork at to Reata South and see if I can figure out something about the leak. And I absolutely loved yesterday's comment about "being fortunate with my daughter and charitable with my Mother".

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't let the dread be worse than the event.

-Roxie
139

3 comments:

  1. I may have missed something along the way...tell me more about your necklace! That sounds like a really cool idea.

    You sound like you are doing great both physically and emotionally. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good July overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fan of your blog, I would like to present you with The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks for keeping your site fresh, fun, and informative!

    You can view your award and learn how to pay-it-forward on my blog at

    http://LesaSpeaksOut.com

    Thanks!

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.