Friday, July 2, 2010

Sugar Crash

Hell's Bells. My little "candlelight supper" read dessert turned out to be more than I bargained for. My boss' wife collapsed on the street within minutes of leaving The Closet. Unofficial cause: sugar crash or sugar spike. I served a local bakery's Italian cream cake and it was divine. She certainly didn't gorge herself - didn't finish her serving, but I guess it was too much.

I wasn't there when it happened, just them and another co-worker. It was the co-worker that called me later to tell me what had happened. I felt horrible about it, worried about her and didn't sleep well myself. As hosts, we've all become concerned about serving alcohol to guests, but I never thought I would have to worry about too much sugar in the dessert.

Kind of puts a damper on things. She's okay this morning, which is good.

I'm hoping to get in a ride tonight and tomorrow, but it has rained off and on all week. My 4th plans involve tagging along with Bick as he shops for furniture and fireworks. Other than that, I've got nothing. Kinda on a sugar crash/under slept thing myself.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get the fruit plate.

-Roxie
143.5

7 comments:

  1. Fruit plate over Italian Cream Cake? No way!

    I hope you have a great weekend, whatever it is filled with Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly wasn't your fault! Maybe she is diabetic or something and didn't know it? I know you can't help but feel bad - but try not to.

    I hope the rain ends today so we all get a nice weekend! Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow! Sounds like you realy can O.D. on food. Another good reason to keep it clean. I must try this thing called Italian Cake. Suicide by cake?

    Sounds like a nice weekend actually. You two kids have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No shit, get the fruit plate!!
    Scary

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way am I ever eating Italian Cream Cake!! I agree with Ms. Pants - clean eating and no take-out food!!

    Seriously, glad she's okay, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something to be concerned about for sure even though I have never thought about it before. Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief. I'm sorry that happened. Like Shelley said, maybe she has a problem with sugar and either knows it and chooses to ignore it, or needs to go get herself checked. Don't feel bad about it. You were just lavishing good stuff on your guests :D

    We are flooding down here in Houston. No riding yesterday or today. I'm about to get on my son's elliptical - oh, no!!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.