Monday, August 30, 2010

Grateful


On my way home from Bick's yesterday, I listened to a wonderful radio broadcast. One of the main topics was what really makes us happy and there was one quote that I think is so true:

"last year's want becomes next year's need"

When we take what we have for granted, it ceases to bring us pleasure. The whole gist of the story was to stay in a grateful and mindful state of mind. The interview subject said he wrote down one gratitude each day and he tried never to repeat. He said it helped him be more in the moment and not awaiting the next thing, whatever that may be.

The entire radio was a great reminder of all that I have to be grateful for. I had a really wonderful ride on Saturday, as noted. Then I headed up to have some ribs and brisket that Bick had prepared - his best EVER! But I do think that I sort of offended him, as I really wasn't that hungry and didn't eat that much. A really good long workout will quell my appetite for the day. Unfortunately, it comes back with a venegence the next, but that is just how my body seems to work. I did get some ribs and brisket sent home in a care package to enjoy this week. Yummy!

Nice weekend. No big shakes, watched some movies and hung out until it was time for me to head back to The Closet. My schedule is a little skewed today, but I'm off to the gym to do something, as I won't get to ride tonight. Another clean-up night at Reata South.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. What are you grateful for?

-Roxie
139.5

6 comments:

  1. Corny as it sounds, life in general.
    I'm grateful for breathing.
    And no physical pain.
    And my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found concentrating on what i have made me a much happier person. It works. I used it in the weight loss, too. I am grateful everyday to have the choice of too much food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful that I can now be open to different opportunities - and that I'm given opportunities to do something different at this stage of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like you with being ravenous the next day after a big workout.

    I am really just grateful period. Anything that seems tough in my life really is small potatoes compared to some people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything.
    I really do wake up each morning and think:

    SERIOUSLY? THIS IS MY LIFE?!


    I never thought Id be this blessed.


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.