Thursday, August 19, 2010

Roxie Mountain High: The Remains of The Days



The remainder of the time in Colorado was spent taking it really easy. We would get up, get some coffee and sit on the porch. We'd go sight see a bit and come home and sit on the porch. Bick would take a nap and I'd sit on the porch and read or perhaps wander down and sit by the stream. We'd walk into town and then come home and sit on the porch and watch the world go by. It was very cool, both literally and figuratively.

On the last morning, I got up extra early and walked from our cottage to The Garden of the Gods. Hiking through the park in the early hours of the morning, feeling like I had the place to myself. It was an awesome experience. I walked/hiked through the park for nearly three hours. I want to go back to Colorado for that experience alone.

In summary, this was the most relaxing vacation I've ever taken. I am very grateful for the opportunity.

7 comments:

  1. Some friends of mine recently went to Garden of the Gods and have been raving and raving about it. It was their favorite place on their whole trip.

    You just sound happy Roxie. That makes me happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you found your bike's mother!!! Too funny!!!

    The vacation sounds absolutely perfect. Are you making plans for a return trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have to talk to your local bike shop about the fit of your new bike. Who was that character Lily Tomlin played on "Laugh-In" that sat in the huge rocker? You look kinda like her.

    Sometimes the best thing for you is a little unstructured down-time. Sounds like you got it just when you could most appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic sounding vacation Roxie - that last day sounds so absolutely wonderful. Loved that picture of the stream too - looks so relaxing and peaceful.

    And I'm getting more nervous than excited about my walk. It will be fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a little bit of Heaven. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always think the best vacations are when you can totally relax. Some people like to cram a million and one things into their vacations, which is fine. But sometimes daily life is just so hectic that it is great to get away and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garden of the Gods is a stunning place. I am glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.