Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Taking Care Of Business


I am being productive today and doing the next right thing in all areas of my life - well, perhaps those peanut butter cookies weren't on the list - but I'm out and about and a productive(ish) member of society.

I am very tired today, as I didn't sleep much at all last night. I was wrestling with my own dysfunction - thinking if I said just the right thing at just the right time that perhaps THIS time I could get through to my sister. I've effectively given up on my Mother and there is some relief in that. And for me, there is the return to the quest for serenity. This whole ordeal has been very enlightening and ultimately, I am sure, lead to greater peace and understanding of all the parties involved.


The plumber can't get out there until Thursday, which is fine. I know this firm and I'd rather wait the extra time and deal with people I know and trust. I filed an online claim and am awaiting a call back from the adjuster. So place check marks in my column for taking the next right step.

And in a rather ironic turn of events, I do need to spend some time fluffing and sprucing up The Closet, as it will serve as the gathering place for Bick, Sandy, Aloisius, and the Ex-Mrs.Bick prior to Sandy's birthday dinner tomorrow. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow afternoon, so tonight is my only opportunity. I am going to try to squeeze in a bike ride in the park this evening.

Saturday morning we leave for Colorado. I will be glad to leave Texas behind for a few days.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Do the next right thing.

-Roxie

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for returning things to an orderly fashion. I'm ready for a getaway too... have room in your suitcase? Or is this the camping thing? If so, forget I asked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Helen - yep, it's that camping thing! Overnight temperatures in the high 30's. I'm going to freeze my butt off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado sounds wonderfulllllllll after all of your stress and this freaking heatwave. Nice you have that to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.