Friday, August 27, 2010

Tool Time by Tena

Tena totally saved the day - or specifically, my upcoming ride on Saturday morning. I must also give Slater props for trying. He stayed on the phone with me for about a half hour as I tried to configure the pump in such a way to make it work. I even drug out my tool kit, which consists of a hammer, one screwdriver and a set of tweezers. The pump had had come apart in the flattening event of the day before and I didn't really pay attention to the fact that it could go back together in a variety of ways. Anyway, I could only get the thing to latch on one time and I think the difficulty was the size of the pump and the spokes getting in the way. Slater has promised me lessons the next time he's over here.

But Tena saved the day by sending me the YouTube video that showed how to remove the front tire off the mountain bike. I'd noticed that I had a quick release front tire during yesterday's debacle, but wasn't willing to try to disassemble the front brakes. Tena's video link showed me exactly how to do it, so when my attempt at telephone tech support failed, I watched the video a time or two, determined that the bike couldn't really be any more out of order than it was now - plus, Bick had promised to come into town and haul Cha-Cha to the vets if necessary, so with that, I clicked apart the front brake mechanism and pulled the front tire. Easy, peasy. Threw it in the back of MalibuKen and headed for the gas station.

Filled the tire up with some purchased air, went next door and bought myself an ice cream cone (.49, I'll have you know) and came home damned pleased with myself.

Yesterday was also the return of my favorite yoga instructor. She'd taken several months off, but returned to offer her specialty - adult naptime yoga. Seriously, if more people attended classes like this, the world would be a better place. It's just so relaxing and centering and, well, I could go on and on. This is yoga for the mind. The body is just there to give gravity something to do.

Looking forward to the weekend. Nothing on tap, which is a problem, but I've got a couple of ideas. Oh, and this fun thing that I hope comes through - my GNO girlfriends are proposing a series of salsa dance lessons! I'm so in. I hope they have a remedial class!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get by with a little help from your friends.

-Roxie
140.5

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I forget that you can find help on the YouTube...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that exact same thing as Shelley. I always forget about youtube.

    Doesn't it feel to fix it yourself. That's how I felt when I was painting my kitchen. Ok, not really the same thing, but kind of.

    Hope you get some good Cha Cha time in this weekend. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl power for taking off your tire! Feels powerful, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of some naptime yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Roxie! I'm so glad the video helped. Way to go for gettin' it done.

    I'm with Janell...I need me some naptime yoga.

    Hope you have a great weekend. I would SO LOVE to take the salsa classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you! I would never have thought to look on youtube for help

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.