Friday, September 3, 2010

Fast Asleep

Yesterday went fine. Lab results back next week, but no real cause for concern - so I've been told. And also as I was told, the prep was the worst of it. Although I'm still not feeling that great. I have a rather delicate constitution and such shocks to the system will take me a while to return to feeling normal.

My plan for today was to sleep late. Well, that obviously didn't work out very well. I do have the day off and I plan to just putter around here. Doc said no real exercise for the next couple of days, so I actually sent Cha-Cha home with Pebbles who will drop her off for a tune-up of her own. I'll be gone with Bick to Houston for the next couple of days - both to visit his Mamma and to look at some more mid-life-crisis sheet metal (a car). Plus, I've been promised a day at Kemah, although I don't know what that really means.

Spending the day with Pebbles was quite nice. Just ran some small errands, watched some movies, and colored our hair. I bought a cute dress at her urging, but did pass on a garnet-colored fedora. It was adorable and was so suited to my face, but would I really wear this hat? I don't know. I'm still thinking about it.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Regain your balance.

-Roxie

6 comments:

  1. Glad everything seemed to go smoothly.

    I, too like the idea of hats but never really wear them.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear that you survived the procedure...ain't it fun being a responsible adult? Did you at least get a milkshake out of it?

    Have fun in Houston - if you're needing a rest stop on the way back, holler at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the prep for that procedure isn't fun, but it's no where near as bad as some would have you believe.

    Glad it went well. Enjoy your rest days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just take it easy, and watch lots of movies!

    Other than lunch with my mom on Sunday, I have no plans and could not be happier about that!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everything went OK. Have a nice weekend Roxy....I always enjoy your wisdom though I may not comment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only guess that you had a colonoscopy? I'll go back and check your previous couple posts. The most notable things about mine were
    1) I waited until 53 because I was a chicken
    2) I did a pill prep rather than drinking the nasty stuff, and it was a breeze
    3) I lost 6 pounds overnight after a day of clear liquids and then the prep! Need I assure you it came back rather quickly?

    Hope the trip to Houston is peaceful, and you should rethink the fedora...you already have a jaunty look, and that would take it over the top!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.