Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mutton Dressed As Lamb

I feel pretty much like Snooki this morning, all I am missing is a bumpit! I am wearing a new dress that Pebbles picked out for me a few weeks ago and insisted that it "looks just like you, Mom". I asked her at the time if she was sure I could wear this to work and she said "Of course". She picked out a pair of my highest gladiator heels to go with. And that's how I started out this morning.

I realized very quickly that the dress is too short for me. Not too short, just too short for me and the bare legs and heels just emphasized that fact. So those shoes went right back into the closet. I grabbed a pair of black tights and my black booties and that's what I wore today, but I am still uncomfortable.

In speaking with Pebbles this morning, I was telling her of my discomfort and she said "Well just because you CAN wear something to work, doesn't mean you should". Sometimes I'd really like to pinch her. This is one of those times. Anyway, we shared a good laugh about it.

This morning I tried to take some pictures using the new tripod I bought in Colorado, but in the "mutton dressed as lamb" theme, I've forgot how to use the timer on the camera, so no pictures. Which is probably a good thing - no need to document my shame!

Last evening's ride was very nice. I was out for about an hour and a half. I can really tell that the days are getting shorter as there wasn't enough daylight to safely get by the store, so my food is pretty sparse today.

Take note of the sidebars: I'm giving away a few things - some clothes, some books, whatever that filters it's way to the top. If you want it, email me and I'll send it to you.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Dress comfortably.

-Roxie
138.5

6 comments:

  1. Too bad you couldn't get the timer working - I'd have loved to see the new outfit. I think you probably are being too hard on yourself and looked absolutely stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's in, but you shouldn't be in it.

    You could always wear a pair of pants underneath. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I demand photos if you get the timer to working. I would have liked to see the original version with the gladiator heels and whatever you ended up with. I depend on things like this for my entertainment Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a good chuckle from this Roxie - esp. you saying "sometimes I'd like to pinch her." Spoken like the true mother of a 20something daughter! I bet you look great and wish it was visually documented for all of us to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a laugh out of it, but I'm with Helen...we need pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - just found you and will be back to read more. Especially liked your "Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Dress comfortably." mantra - definitely one to keep in mind.

    Know what you mean about those 'could' but really 'shouldn't' clothes.

    BTW - hope you make Istanbul for your 50th. Had mine there last year and it was FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.