Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This one time, at dance camp

Well, that turned out to be more than I'd bargained for! I left dance class last night sweating like a pig and nearly gasping for air. Somehow, I'd expected something a bit more instructive and not so aerobic! But this was pretty darned Zumba-esque! Which was fine, but next time, I'll be dressed for sweat. I suspect that next week's class will thin by about 50%.

And there is the instructor - he's a very good dancer, but I think he ought to wear a cup or something. There was just too much flopping in the breeze - it was almost hypnotizing! Honest to goodness, my GNO friends pushed me up on the front row when we started while they cowared behind me, but I had to leave for the other side of room the because I kept getting distracted by following the bouncing.....well, you get my drift. And it wasn't distracted in that good way, it was like a train wreck that one can't look away from.

When the GNO group finally caught sight of ..... they hurriedly joined me on the other side of the room, all with WTH looks on their faces. Let me tell you that the jokes flew after we left class.

All in all, it was a fun and energetic class. Our final lesson (our recital, as it were) will be held at a Latin dance club!

Today was an interesting drive into work - I did a little mudding in MalibuKen, as a huge oak tree had fallen over three lanes of traffic blocking all sorts of progress. While I KNEW I wasn't going to go through any high water, I did have to go over the median mud to get out of the blind canyon the tree put me in. Hermine is keeping is soaked today. Bick sent me a picture of SadieLu up to her elbows in his front yard during her afternoon constitutional. Poor girl needed some water wings!

Tonight is another clean up night. Not looking forward to it, but did some extra reading work this morning to prepare me. Tomorrow I want to have no regrets about my behavior.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find support.

-Roxie
142

10 comments:

  1. Dang - I have an image in my head now that I don't want there.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.god. I cannot IMAGINE getting through a dance class while witnessing floppage. Gah! Wonder if you will have to dance with the instructor at some point? My face is turning red just thinking about YOU doing that!!! Any case, sounds like the class was good for laughs as well as exercise, which is a great combo!

    Good luck tonight. Glad you "weathered" yesterday's storm so well in MK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite blog today.

    The visuals are laugh out loudable!! In fact, I think I'll be chuckling all day.

    Glad to hear it was ultimately a good, fun class though.

    Glad to hear you're holding up under Hermine which sounds way worse than Earl was over here on the right side of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! Sounds like a great class - giggling = twice the exercise!!! I would need distracting from my own lack of co-ordination and that would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Floppage? They need to sign up for Miz's giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh this had me laughing out loud and brought me to a huge sigh afterwards. I soooo wish I could have been there to view for myself. Is that weird? Probably, but oh well. Too fun for you and your GNO's...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't stop laughing when you said "it was almost hypnotizing! " lol. I definitely had an image in my mind lol. Glad it was fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It made me think of a song:

    Men in jock straps
    to keep their dickie in place
    Men in jock straps
    to keep from floppin in their face
    Men in jock straps
    better then a cup
    Men in jock straps
    in case you get a hard up.

    (Word verification is stica)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.how.funny! And gross at the same time. Fun times.

    I just heard on the news about some really rough weather up there. The pic of the sky was scary, for sure. I hope everyone is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just don't even know what to say about this! Seriously. . .

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.