Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Trip Down Via Memoria


While rummaging around in the credenza in my office, I ran across a CD I had purchased while visiting Pebbles in Florence. I was trying to remember where I stayed and it was overlooking the Piazza della Republica in a quaint hotel. I peeked back at the review of that trip and the surrounding months. Talk about an eye opener. It was a mere six years ago, but it feels like a lifetime. A lot of things have changed. I am a good deal more calm these days. And as Pebbles told me a week or so ago, she was glad to see that I am finally really comfortable in my own skin.

I listened to the CD of classical music sold by street performers who were attending a Russian music academy in Florence. This quartet (if I remember correctly) would just set up in the piazza, play and hawk their wares every afternoon after their classes. According to my online journal (it wasn't a blog back then) I also purchased a CD by a classical guitarist playing in the square as well, but I don't recall anything about him at all. I'd lamented the loss of this CD for a long, long time and am thrilled to have it come back into rotation. Oh hell, I just remembered what happened to the classical guitarist CD, I sent it to Mac in AZ about three weeks before breaking off our relationship. Anyway, it was fun to re-trace the steps on that trip - even the mis-steps and there were a few of those.

I didn't go out to Reata South. I received an email telling me that no one would be home. So I just left it at that and went for a bike ride instead. I could have pressed the point, but chose not to. I will wait and see what the contractor says on Wednesday as to scheduling and downtime. Mom is strongly hinting again that she really doesn't want this work done, but I must have this taken care of. I will try to be as considerate as possible, but the work is going to get done. But I do believe I need to spend time with them without this being the main focus. Something to think about.

Since I had a free night, I came home and took Cha-Cha out for a spin. It was a beautiful evening for a quick ride. Rode about an hour or so and got in ahead of nightfall. I drove down to Target and picked up a bottle cage and a bike bag. Step one. Step two will be finding an allen wrench to install said cage. Actually, I think we've got several at the office. So progress on that front.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Memories fade.

-Roxie
139.5

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful memories of Italy, Pebbles, and classical musicians. I loved Italy. Was some of the most wonderful and wondrous times of my life. My memories of that place have not faded.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.