Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Cha-Cha is in the shop getting a tune up. The tuner-upper says her shocks are bad and it's not really worth the money to replace them, given her overall worth. I'll see how she rides when I get her back. My hope was to put 1,000 miles on her before moving on to something more. I wanted to make sure I had the habit before going out and buying more expensive stuff. I don't believe in disposable stuff and when I get something, I use it for a long, long time. She's supposed to be finished on Saturday. Which turns out to be okay, as Hermine is keeping us all wet and will for several days. And I hope wet is all we are, as a tornado was just spotted in Reata South's home county.

One of the things I failed to mention and give proper credit to in a prior post about decluttering was Flylady. Flylady, while annoying, taught me how to get a handle on the clutter than was taking over my life.

And speaking of decluttering, I was able to share a bunch of clothes with Pebbles. I was happy to have them out of the closet and somewhere that they will be used.

I'm also going back to nature. Yesterday, I went to the nail place and had my solar nails removed. I've decided to give it a bit of a rest. I've worn fakes for years, but I think it's time to do something different. And I've made the decision to begin to go grey, as well. Pebbles tells me that if I start using only semi-permanent hair color then overtime, it will just wash out gradually all over rather than have such a grow-out skunk problem. We'll see how gracefully I handle these changes!

Yoga today was one of those rare days when my body just wants to sink into the poses. I adored it today and really got a good workout (yoga-style). I may regret really working at it, as I start salsa lessons tonight. I'll keep some Aleve on hand!

MalibuKen's other windshield wiper shredding this morning - while I love this car, something is not right with the windshield wipers. Car is one year old - unless someone is shredding them in the parking lot for pure meanness.

I don't think I've weighed in the last week as things have been far from normal. Weighed this morning, expecting to weigh much, much more than I do. Obviously, I cannot go by how I "feel".

Turns out the shoes I bought for travel are a complete bust. They are not comfortable for any length of time and they make my feet sweat! FAIL. Back to the drawing board.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Keep a clear view.

-Roxie
141.5

4 comments:

  1. little bits of tid.

    my feet are hard to find shoes for..Croc shoes actually are quite comfortable . I wear the sandals only, but I'm thinking I need some shoes for wearing during the winter months.

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.
    I am borrowing that phrase today as a mantra when I do yoga.

    my body wants to sink into the poses.
    my body wants to sink into the poses.
    my body wants to sink into the poses.
    my body wants to sink into the poses.
    my body wants to sink into the poses.
    my body wants to sink into the poses.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I color to my natural color and have been curious as to what's under there, I'm not sure I am ready to let go of my hair color quite yet. I'll be awaiting your results with great anticipation.

    I'm always cautious with new exercises as well. My first pair of running shoes cost $25. Now I pay 5 times that much. First treadmill a couple hundred, last treadmill 2K. That's just smart behaviour.

    Are you doing your yoga at the Closet or have you joined a class? I'm so much better at sinking when directed rather than when I do it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you were riding your bike off the roof of your building and landing squarely on the wheels, I can't understand how the shocks could be shot already. Do you have a prayer at getting a warranty fix on her?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.