Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ViewMaster

I've taken the next step. I've got a meeting with a potential contractor a week from tomorrow to get a bid on the work at Reata. I am hopeful the bid comes in and this becomes doable with this guy, as he comes with two personal recommendations. I've just got to stay focused on the next thing and not get all caught up in trying to predict how this will go and "awfulize" the outcome before even getting started. The truth is things usually turn out to be better than I expected and that my dread and fear build up until it's almost unbearable. I shall try to keep my eyes where my butt is - in the here and now and not running amok amongst the what-might-happenings.

Tonight is dance class. I suggested rather than meet for happy hour (I'm the DD) that the GNO crew all meet at Academy Sports and chip in for a jockstrap for our instructor. That suggestion was shot down.

I'm hoping to get in an evening ride tomorrow. I've got to reschedule a meeting with my insurance agent and continue pursuing life as a responsible adult.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Stay focused.

-Roxie
141

4 comments:

  1. Amok...amok....amok....!!!! made me think of the movie 'Hocus Pocus' :) DEB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I guess they don't want to um, *interfere* with the extra entertainment value that the instructor provides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm a day late and a dollar short but waiting with bated breath to hear about last night's dance class...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jock straps aren't that expensive. You could get one and gift it to the instructor. It'd be worth it just to see the look on his face.

    Great job keeping the focus on what needs to be done at Reata. Just get to the next step . . .

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.