Thursday, October 7, 2010

Plan Nine From Outer Space

So it's on to Plan B. I sent out an email blast/Facebook query yesterday asking for recommendations and so far, I've got about nine names. So I have a good start on the information gathering part of this. Actually scheduling visits for bids will have to wait as I do not have the time to handle this right now - because, OMG - I'm leaving for Istanbul in ONE WEEK! I've got enough to say grace over right now and I don't want the run up to the trip of a lifetime to be anymore stressful than it has to be.

My new strategy to reduce anxiety and stress over this is to reframe this as a problem to be solved, not a crisis. If I view it this way, I have much more "power" in this situation and it becomes less antagonistic. Again, I just wish all of this was cut and dried and transparent! I do not like situations where I feel like I am at the complete mercy of someone else who is out to be underhanded. It feels very much like buying a car and longtime readers will know how well I deal with that! So I'm trying to look at this from a different perspective and have faith that the right option/decision will make itself available. Things have worked out so far.

I didn't go for a bike ride last night. I was just too tired. I tried to give myself the "20 minute" pep talk (as in, just go for 20 minutes and then you can come home), but I wasn't buying it, apparently. So much for my need for more exercise - I did go to the gym yesterday, but it wasn't much of a workout. Today is restorative yoga and I've got a meeting tonight. Friday and Sunday are my traditional rest days, but I may shake that up a bit this week, due to Bick.

Bick's mom, 87, fell and broke her patella. She had surgery to wire it back together and is now in a rehab facility. She seems to be doing as well as can be expected physically, but mentally and emotionally, she is not. During our last visit down there, I got the sense that she is "done". Bick and Sandy are going down to visit this weekend and I may be keeping the dog. SadieLu gets anxious at my place when left alone and I hate to do that to her, so my exercise this weekend will be built around her needs. She's a grand old dame of twelve and she deserves to be comfortable. So we'll see how all that works out.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. It's all in how you look at it.

-Roxie
133.5

7 comments:

  1. I think you've come up with the perfect solution to the issue at this time.

    I can't believe your trip is so close! Ahhh I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - what a great trip coming up! I hope you can post from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent strategy of reframing.
    I also forgot that your trip was so close. You must be getting excited - and busy.

    BTW - I noticed your weight...lower than I've seen it. You'll have a little room to sample Mediterranean cuisine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am for reframing.
    The trip is right around the corner. Amazing. Will be the trip of a lifetime for sure.

    I agree with the assessment on an 87 year old breaking anything. She's had 87 years. I should be that lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting the trip is so close! I like your attitude about the issue. It makes perfect sense when you plot it out doesn't it.

    That is a great weight Roxie! I think it is the lowest I have seen since I have been following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the trip is terrific. Sorry to hear about Bick's mom, hope she gets to feeling more positive. It's sweet of you to take the dog though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great strategy with Plan B. I didn't realize your trip was coming so soon - did you find good walking shoes? This is so exciting!!!

    Hope Bick's mom pulls out of it - you hate to see one thing lead someone so far down that path.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.