Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The September Issue

I realized I had not done a wrap up of September. It is still my goal to put together a multi-strand necklace with a single small bead for each tracking event, plus a larger bead for more significant events. One of these days I will get to the bead store to pick them out, but right now, I'm pretty darned busy. I got myself a bit overscheduled which has kept me off of the bus and in the car, which is not how I like it. Today is another car day, as I have errands to run after work.

So the whole sleep thing was a fail last night. Lots to do and a bit of worry thrown in - the contractor bid came in yesterday for the repair of the water damage, significantly higher than what I'd hoped. Right now I am dealing with fear and avoidance over the whole issue. What I should be doing instead of writing this entry is to sit down with a pencil and paper and figure out where I actually stand. I did succumb to the "while we are at it" scenario on a couple of issues and so I need to separate those from the initial bid. Plus, and this is what causes me such fear (of what? - it's not like the insurance company is going to cut me up into little bitty pieces and eat me), I need to go back to them and negotiate for more $$ on what they should be covering. I need to figure out where this specific fear is coming from.

So back to September. Here goes:

Scale numbers:

Beginning weight: 140.5
Ending weight: 137
Weight range for the month: 142.5 - 137

Logging numbers:

Logged my food for 25 days. Exercised for 14 days. Logged my weight for 21 days.

Total small beads for September: 60. I don't recall any "large bead" events or achievements in the month.

Boy, I didn't realize how much I'd let the exercise slide and it's getting to be a habit. While I did go for a nice ride last night, I did let my lunchtime workout go, as I was buried at work. The problem with this is that sliding becomes a habit and with the change of the seasons, my lunchtime workouts are apt to become my only weekday sessions. It's time to nip that one in the bud. I think today is yoga. It's time to hit the mat with some consistency.

And speaking of last night's ride - OMG the bugs! Gnats or nooseeums or whatever - big swarming clouds of the things. I forgot my sunglasses and it was miserable. I rode with my head sort of downish in order to keep the suckers out of my eyes, mostly. I don't know how many of them I inhaled or swallowed. Unpleasant to say the least. And I had a helluva time tracking the extra calories - Fitday.com has an exercise category for Running to the Outhouse, but nothing for the protein count of ingesting nastyass bugs. Ptooey!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Keep Count.

-Roxie
137.5

11 comments:

  1. I wondered what you were doing leaving comments around the blogosphere well after midnight in your time zone. Bummer about the churning brain ruining sleepy time.

    Those no-see-ums ought to rate as quarter carb/quarter protein/half fiber. That'd make them come in at about 2 calories a gram. Now, how many of the little buggers are there in a gram?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Brian's calculations!

    I love that you are recognizing the issues that need to be fixed - from the trailer to your exercise, even if you can't quite pinpoint why things are fearful or slipping. I have all the faith in the world that you will indeed get a grip. As for the busy-ness and the car, well, you know this is just temporary and will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there - while I know it seems overwhelming at times, take action and you'll feel better - at least that works for me!

    Ew, bugs in the mouth while biking - not fun - I think you should get extra points for doing that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I took Miss Penelope out for a spin last night and was bombarded by bugs, too. I wonder if there is some sort of bicycle bugshield available?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I totally understand that fear. I then stress over having to address the stuff. I think you told me once to try and just take the emotion out of the money thing. I try to press forward. Sometimes I pretend they aren't really my problems. That I am calling for work or something. It works, if only long enough to take another step forward.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I am overstressed, it seems like I can always find a reason why I should eliminate exercise for that day. I tell myself, 'I have enough going on....I deserve a day off.' Good for you to recognize that you need to keep moving; and brilliant thinking to do yoga; you'll get your exercise but it won't seem like such a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it too late to consider multiple bids for the work? Might be easier just to get with insurance and get this over as fast as possible. Especially if you are having other things done at the same time.

    October goals sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did that when I got an estimate for tiling my kitchen - threw in the bathroom and a small additional area by the back door. The cost was so high that I threw in the towel and said forget it...but I should go back and break it down. It's so easy to want to fix everything once you get started! Hope you can get the cost you need and be done with it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a counter and I am not much of an organizer though I would have definitely remembered my sunglasses. UGH on the noseeums.

    It's so awful paying protection aka insurance and then having to plead with them for coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?" Sounds like something you would relate with in regard to your insurance debacle.

    Overall, your September looks great. Most importanly though, you are on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those bugs are a pain that's for sure. I noticed an increase in those tiny little bugs. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.