Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crack'd

I finally got in to get MalibuKen's side window replaced this morning. With the changes in the weather, the cracks were getting worse and one cold morning I would wake up to find glass everywhere as the driver's side window would just finish breaking completely. So now it's all shiny and new again. And I got myself reimbursed for most of the deductible.

Had a lovely evening visiting with Erica last night. It was so good to catch up with her and her new life in Arizona. Erica is a cyclist and she offered some really good information on what my next step should be.

Yesterday at lunch, I spent some time in the weight room. Not a lot, just a little, but I was not happy to see how weak I am in upper body strength. I'm still considering adding some strength training to my winter workouts. Afternoon work meetings and after work other meetings will keep me from formal exercise today. But tomorrow, back on the bus and back to the gym(s).

As far as the Bick comment I wrote about yesterday - Oh, I do think he was off the mark on THAT issue. And he doesn't get to choose how I should feel about a particular situation. However, I do trust his insight and if I have this tendency overall, then perhaps I should review it. It doesn't mean that I have to take his comment to heart; I have the right to outright reject it as being false, but I need to be open to hearing what I am told.

I made four calls to contractors yesterday and had to leave messages with all of them. Only one has responded and he doesn't work on mobiles, so I've got nothing. I've got a few more names to call, so I will wait two more days and call the rest of them.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take some action.

-Roxie
141

6 comments:

  1. Strength gained due to weight training fades sooooo fast if you don't keep at it!

    Is there a new bike in your future? I neglected to mention that new bikes generally come with a free fit.

    Re: Bick's comment - I can't argue about whether he was right or wrong, but his set up & approach were a little coarse. The same thing could have been said with a lot less rancor. You were justified in being hurt (pissed, hacked off, etc.) at the comment AND the delivery.

    Take what you need and leave the rest.

    (my verify word: "lardize". Geeze, lets hope not!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take what you need and leave the rest. That is some very good advice from Brian. I really couldn't add a thing.

    Contractors? The bane of my existence lately what with all the property my former boss owned being sold off. We have to keep fixing things so I have to keep dealing with them. You have my full and complete sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's utterly amazing how long it takes to strengthen muscles and how quickly they turn to jello. I suspect yours are not gelatinous, but mine sure are!

    Good luck with the contractors. I always feel totally at their mercy, just like car repair folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I agree with Brian. Glad you had a nice visit with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! There is nothing more frustrating than getting up enough nerve to do something you've been avoiding to have to be at someone else's mercy. I swear, I think contractors and tree cutters must go to the same school to learn how to brush off potential clients, because it's the same exact way here in Indiana. Well, no matter - you did your part and I'm very proud of you for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. annnd THREE CHEERS for strength training in the winter workouts.

    shocking comment from me.
    I realize.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.