Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy "Anniversary"


What I said when we met:

I suspect this might turn into one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me or it may be the thing that kills me. Combustible chemistry. Instant zing. OMG out-of-breath meeting. Of course, I didn't let on. Evening ended with one kiss and an invitation to see one another again.

Phone call the next day when he said- "that was the best first date I've ever been on in my life. I've got to get to know you better". Nothing like - I'm falling for you or I'm developing feelings for you or anything inappropriate or troublesome - just I'd like to take the time to get to know you. And he is.


I'm still in the "one of the greatest things" camp, even with the current state of the union. I'm a better person for having met him. And I still don't know how this will turn out and I'm okay with that. We talked about it this weekend and I am renewing my lease at The Closet, which is what I wanted. I/we don't know if we'll ever live together again. We are each engrossed in our personal journeys.

Spent some more time in the gym yesterday. Thank you for the book suggestions. What I'd really like (and wasn't smart enough to find) is a downloadable podcast/thingy that will walk me through a workout in real time. I'm sticking to nautilus-type equipment for now, so surely someone somewhere has done something like this? I don't want to have to carry around a piece of paper/log/whatever in the gym. I am considering the personal trainer for a lesson or two, but I am cranky enough to want to do things my way and not adhere to whatever philosophy said PT might preach.

I plan on spending some time on a gym bike today at lunch. And perhaps some lower-body strength training. Oh, and some ab work. As the spirit moves me.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. What doesn't kill you can make you stronger.

-Roxie
140

12 comments:

  1. Love that photo of the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. You're a good lookin' couple, for sure. It's great to reflect on those "weak in the knees" days, isn't it? Every once in a while, I still get that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome couple. Perhaps you have the best of both worlds, loving each other, but living separately and cojoining when the desire is there. Even in marriage I've sometimes wish for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking back & looking forward while staying present. You are a wonder, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I met online so we got to know each other the first couple weeks over the phone.

    When we first met, it was sparks for both of us, although neither one of us let on as much as we thought.

    But I will tell you on our first date I knew I would marry him - and six months later I did!


    We'll be married 10 years in December already!

    Love the picture - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! That is a beautiful picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxie i wanted to let you know that i used Nautilus equipment for months and to me i saw very little results. The biggest result off Nautilus i saw was with the machine that simulates the stomach crunch in a seated position. I think that helped my stomach alot.

    However once i dropped the gym membership and bought myself some handweights in 3 , 5 and 10 pounds and bought a lifting video i saw amazing results in both my shape and strength. Now i don't know what exactly to contribute to the success of that.

    It could be perhaps because with the Nautilus i was 'on my own'. And with the video the 'perky' instructor ( i had to find one i found bearable) i felt a little more apart of a class and spurred on by the instructor. I think the video made me push myself harder. Anyway if your interested let me know and i'll dig up the name of that video and instructor. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that.

    its work (as you well know :)) but marrying my husband is the best thing Ive done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see you living your life the way that suits you. Be happy, don't let anyone else influence your decisions and enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're happy and doing what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pic....you guys look happy. Happy Anniversary! Loved the story. I was wondering what you were going to do when the lease was up. I'm happy it's what you want. Things do seem to be going well with you two. If it ain't broke don't fix it...right??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Anniversary - when I read this post, the phrase "for better or for worse" came to mind - it sounds like you two have managed to make it though some pretty major stuff and are in a good place. Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.