Thursday, November 18, 2010

Heart And Soul

I've been away at a business conference for a few days. While away, I toured Galveston, where in September of 2008, Hurricane Ike made a direct hit. The storm surge of salt water left aged Live Oaks standing in sea water and it killed many of this. Rising up from this tragedy are these carvings. Homeowners hired and paid woodcarvers and chainsaw artists to fashion something good out of what the storm left behind. The picture is of one such carving.



I'm back home. Way behind in everything. Will catch up when I can.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Have a heart.

-Roxie

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to make lemons out of lemondade! I just realized you and Shelley just missed each other. Too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one Tin Man that won't be rusting! That's a great idea too.

    you mentioned something about spending too much time surfing the internet. Your absence at that business conference had me thinking you were VERY serious about cutting WAY back. Glad to see you had a good excuse for making us worry!

    (And no apologies necessary - just having a little fun at your expense!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting - I'll be sure to look for those wood carvings when I'm in Galveston starting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there to see those. Aren't they wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Roxie! Good to have you back....missed you while you were away. Great photo. I hope you had some fun while you were there and that it wasn't all work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Galveston.
    Its history and tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Galveston.
    Its history and tenacity.res

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.