Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Morning: The Too Early Edition

I had an entire day to myself yesterday. I wasn't expected to be anywhere or do anything with anyone, so I just thoroughly enjoyed myself, at my own pace. Got in about three hours of exercise, including both bike and gym. It was certainly a nice day outside, although the wind on the river bank was brutal.

I did laundry, covered my gray and generally straightened up the place. I watched a little football - watching the Aggie's beat N and scanning the crowd for Bick. He spent the weekend down south, visiting his mother, who fell again, and visiting his cousin and attending the game.

Dinner on Friday night went well, although I have got to quit buying chocolate covered pretzels. I needed to run to the dollar store for mini muffin papers and ended up grabbing that specific bag of Kryptonite. Stupid move.

In other great news, work has decided to close on Wednesday! YAY - which means another leisurely morning for me, although with the impending Artic cold front scheduled to blow in, it might not be conducive to bike riding. Which brings us to Thanksgiving.

Family still seems okay with having Thanksgiving at Bick's. He offered up his place so that we would have more room to sprawl out and enjoy our day. I am hoping for low-key. I've ordered the entire dinner from Central Market - which may be the best decision I've ever made. And I'm going to try not get myself all worked up about setting the table. I would love nothing more than to go all Martha and shop for an entire new tablescape! It's my favorite time of the holidays. I'm sure I will decorate the table, but it will be with stuff I already own or can scavenge. But mostly it will be me, Chinet and Reynolds Wrap.

I remain hopeful that it won't be a total food orgy, complete with the Pie Martyr "I've been up for hours backing 19 pies". My sister, The Pie Martyr by Proxy, has declared herself on a diet and has lost 12 pounds so far. I am hopeful that we can get through this holiday and give all of us a break with the food obscenity.

Today's plans include some time at the gym, meditation/church and perhaps an afternoon bike ride. Bick should be rolling back through town at dinner time, so I'll fix something for us for dinner.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Sleep in.

-Roxie

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes - chocolate covered pretzels are a worthy foe indeed. Much easier to handle when they have not gained home entry.

    This post made me feel very peaceful, and gave me a good chuckle about the pie martyr. Actually it reminded me of my own tendency (ouch) to martyrdom. Thanks for reminding me to knock off that crap with my family! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordering out for TGiving is really the only way to go.
    And with Central Market, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic day! and.... Whooop! Gig 'em Aggies! ('91)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I order everything from central market here in austin.
    except this year when I grew even more, lazy, errr, smart and ordered it all from a BBQ joint down the street.

    seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 hours of exercise - sounds like you are getting back to a routine there in Texas. So glad you had some time to yourself. I love days like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More and more people are ordering out for Thanksgiving, as well as other holiday meals. Why not? Think of the time you save (shopping and prep), and in the end, money too. I wish we had a Central Market where we live!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.