Monday, December 20, 2010

Day Fifteen of Twenty: Centering and Soothing


Day Fifteen Tasks

Keep reviewing what you have written. Look back at your lists daily. Review from day one forward to see how you have changed.

Write everything down. Daily.

1. Take a bath or shower. Wear cologne, perfume, deodorant, floss and brush your teeth. Shave. Do nails, eyebrows, ears.

2. Bed made. Daily chore list.

3. Continue your daily list non productive activities.

4. Take photos every day.

5. Friend List

6. Continue the thank you notes as needed.

7. Continue writing down and memorizing the names of new people.

8. Keep your house in order. Make of schedule of the things you want to change.

9. Continue keeping receipts. It makes you acutely aware of where your money goes.

10. Continue finding ways to like everyone.

11. Put $1.25 in cash in a glass on your bedstand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Finally, I'm feeling a bit more back to normal. I've not been feeling bad, just off my game. Energy was unfocused and enthusiasm was pretty low. I hope that this recent experience served to reinforce something that I already know. All of these things come and go. When times are fabulous, they will end. When times are not so fabulous, they will end, too. So just hanging in, trying to mostly good things, being mostly successful and giving myself a bit of a break until the next wave of motivation/momentum/mojo propels me forward. Expecting maintenance (or anything) to be static is folly.

I did venture back on the scales this morning after a multi-week absence. I don't know that I've ever stayed that far away from them. I think it was a good exercise as I know I didn't have enough room in my head for my stuff and the scale's stuff.

This program has been very helpful in helping me center and soothe and open up a different perspective and way of relating. Like all things, it will take a lot more work to keep up with it, so I just need to remember the benefits that I've garnered from it.

Other than a few dog walks, no big exercise happened this weekend, but I swear to you that SadieLu gets me about as zen as anything. What a calming, peaceful presence. I fixed a nice dinner for us when Bick came back through town to pick her up. These flying trips down south are tough on him. He looks tired. And now his sister is in the hospital, too, as well as another brother-in-law. And his Mom didn't really know him this trip, but her kidneys seem to be still working this week.

I still need to get around here and figure out a breakfast and lunch option. The larder is getting bare, as I'm getting ready to pull out of here for the holiday, so I haven't stocked up. I suspect I won't starve. Exercise today may be a walk outside, as it is supposed to be a beautiful day and I need to soak up as much sun as possible. We are hoping for nice weather after Christmas, as we are thinking about grabbing a place on the coast for a few days. That way, Bick can be closer to his family and we can get a little time to walk the beach, if it's sunny.


Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Put the oxygen mask on you first.

-Roxie
141.5

3 comments:

  1. Your 20 Days has definitely been working at me at some level, yet I'm realistic enough to know that trying to begin now with that endeavor would likely set me up for failure. But after Christmas - maybe mid week I hope to begin it. Or at least contemplate beginning it.

    You bring up the notion of impermanence - of everything. Everything passes. My sponsor once replied to me (in early sobriety) when I was positive and enthusiastic and thought I "had it" finally (and for the first time) - HAH! - "sit tight because this too shall pass." I thought she was such a negative Nancy bitch! And she was right, and my closest friend today.

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my friend, I know for a fact that I have become enlightened because of your 20 Day experiment and I can only thank you for that. I love the thought that everything - whether good or bad passes. Good thing to keep in mind.

    We have a light tradition in our house too... we go out driving around 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve, the three of us. Traditions can be good and making news ones to add to the old is good as well.

    I knew that was your sister in that photo even before you identified her. May I say even though you weren't in ball gowns, you both looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twas a loverly post.
    I like #10 as I struggle with that. Do we have to like everyone?
    I have to go back and catch up on some posts.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.